Sitting for a week

bluemillion

Seasoned Expediter
I am a van driver and I have been sitting in Columbus almost a week now with no load offers. Anyone else having this strange absence of work? I talked to a straight truck team and they are having a horrible time too. I have been talking to a few other van drivers and they have been having a rough time too. I have literally struggling to make ends meet since I started driving for FDCC and I don't think I can do it much longer. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just Columbus?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It seems to be slow everywhere right now for all companies and all sizes of trucks.

First thing I would suggest you do is call your contract coordinator and see if FCC will relocate you to a better express center. Another thing you could do is check the run counts for today in different express centers in your area and possibly move to one of those express centers that show a good run count for vans on Tuesday.

We are in the same situation trying to decide to stay where we are and wait it out in great weather or move to a better express center in the snow and cold.