Sitting at a meijer in Michigan. ...eating my just purchased pickled bologna. YES!!

ground-pound

Active Expediter
Sorry.....had a moment.......it's just you can hardly find the stuff except when in Michigan. That goes for blue moon ice cream as well. (Maybe not a good idea to eat with your bologna though. Lol

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Sitting at a meijer in Michigan. ...eating my just purchased pickled bologna. Y

We in the South pickle a lot of things,buy I have never heard of pickling Bologna

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Sitting at a meijer in Michigan. ...eating my just purchased pickled bologna. Y

How about fried bologna my uncle told me about it. Something about it being seasonal

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How about fried bologna my uncle told me about it. Something about it being seasonal

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

We eat it all year round, fry it with onions ohhhh my!

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Fried bologna is common enough, but pickled bologna must be a Michigan thing.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Fried Bologna,,Fried ring bologna all good stuff..Heard of the pickeled but never had it..I dont even know anone that eats it or heard of anyone eating it until this post..

It may have migrated here from Canada. :D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

We used to get pickled Bologna at Christmas as a special treat. Them you had to be careful because my dad would use the container to make pickled deer hearts, when you opened it, it wasn't the bologna inside you were hoping for.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I don't eat them. But there is a long list of pickled items around the South. Including such things like pig feet, pig knuckles, sausages, peppers, onions, okra, and the list goes on.
Visit just about any country gas station in the South and you'll find a jar of something pickled on the counter:)

And yes, we pickle cucumbers too.:)

runrunner

Veteran Expediter

I guess Pickle Loaf isn't Pickled Bologna,my bad. Pickle Loaf is good though. I'll have to try that Pickled Bologna someday,I guess you learn something everyday.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Fried Bologna is hard to beat though for sure. Ever fry Pickle loaf?
Man O Man, I love fried Pickle loaf, only I can't have it too often. Gives me gas.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Man O Man, I love fried Pickle loaf, only I can't have it too often. Gives me gas.

Don't let ALGORE hear about that! He would want to put a "carbon" tax on it.