Shipping wars

chs007

Seasoned Expediter
to bad U ship really had freight like they do on TV, Wonder how could 5 different haulers be in the same area all the time to all bid on the loads. I visit U Ship plenty of times I never seen loads like that. If there were our dispatchers would use them...but I just think it as fake as WWE Wrestling

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There is more reality in WWE than on Shipping Wars.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
to bad U ship really had freight like they do on TV, Wonder how could 5 different haulers be in the same area all the time to all bid on the loads. I visit U Ship plenty of times I never seen loads like that. If there were our dispatchers would use them...but I just think it as fake as WWE Wrestling

Wrestling is fake....ahhhh man....

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Shipping Wars - it's a TV Show. They're going to find drama somewhere. Hmm, maybe we could have our own reality show right here on EO????? :eek:

LOL!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I finally sat down and watched this show and its pathetic. The girl hauling freight in a livestck trailer to get rained on is just stupid.

I did use u ship a few months back to transport my car from storage in memphis to west plains mo and had a great driver. Very nice,quick and careful with the loading/unloading. He was a retired cop who got in to hotshot a few years back. So unlike the morons on the tube.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
I finally sat down and watched this show and its pathetic. The girl hauling freight in a livestck trailer to get rained on is just stupid.

I did use u ship a few months back to transport my car from storage in memphis to west plains mo and had a great driver. Very nice,quick and careful with the loading/unloading. He was a retired cop who got in to hotshot a few years back. So unlike the morons on the tube.

Might be good for shipper to ship but for expeditors to find loads it is a joke, takes to long to get confirm, and look at bids, you can not make a living, and to have this site use it for us to find loads, well guess U Ship must pay them so much per 1000 hits, for me to use it, well not worth the wasted time. But it takes money to run the site so let U ship help support it but it is a joke for loads. Some may get lucky by using it, but i bet it few and far between

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
U-Ship was created for E-Bay buyers and sellers primarily...all payments go thru Paypal....all 3 companies owned by by the same corporation. All 3 parties pay a fee on the same item....good racket.

On the other hand, if one is unemployed and puts the time in it.....puts 2, 3 or 4 loads together and they make a buck, power to them....it is job unto itself to make it work....it works for some people.

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
A lot of people moving animals on there. Got a load on board and someone needs a dog transported along your route...paid companion for a few hundred miles. Did that a couple times. You can play add on with an expedite you have plenty of time on, especially if it's a package you can keep in your cab. Think of it as fuel money.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just did a quick check a few minutes ago, nothing in depth on my checking, just seeing what turns up. Mostly large items like cars, a bus, somebody appears to be shipping a truck-- all things I can't handle in my van even assuming I were parked in their lot waiting for the next load. Some furniture, I might handle that provided it's not a lot of stuff. Maybe a frequent search might turn up something, but a quickie click look-see came up dry. In any case, many of the rates seem so low that the only good I could say is that it would defray the cost of fuel if you were going that way anyway.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just did a quick check a few minutes ago, nothing in depth on my checking, just seeing what turns up. Mostly large items like cars, a bus, somebody appears to be shipping a truck-- all things I can't handle in my van even assuming I were parked in their lot waiting for the next load. Some furniture, I might handle that provided it's not a lot of stuff. Maybe a frequent search might turn up something, but a quickie click look-see came up dry. In any case, many of the rates seem so low that the only good I could say is that it would defray the cost of fuel if you were going that way anyway.

In another life, that is exactly what i used it for fuel money to get home.....

Like it or not, one thing I've learned..it is the American way..entrepeneurship..is not dead...if you can make a buck...all is ok...:)

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
It would have been a far better TV show if they just followed the REAL life of truckers, From Quallcomm beep to delivery day, Fuel Stops, Warehouses in the middle of Bum___k Begonia, The weird stuff thats been in the back of my truck from Bombs to Gold to Bales of Hay....Artificial Characters with made up Drama to add depth to the plot was stupid and fake and most folks with a Brain figured it out as Drivers nationwide laughed at these goofballs.....not all were but most had too much fictional issues...The real life of my daily excursions is a far better story with the Tragedy of wrecks, The Beuaty of Scenery, The Tedium of Long Bumpy highways, and the Joy of meeting new folks, finding good in everyday, and enjoying what I do.....No Drama is needed....
Snowstorms, Tornadoes, Accidents, Scalehouses and Traffic bring enough drama to the REAL LIFE....

Pianoguy

Seasoned Expediter
The problem with these types of shows are that someplace somewhere someone is watching and are in the " customer" end of the business thinking wow I can get my stuff hauled for next to nothing.