September 2018 Locations & More

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It is with a heavy heart and my deepest, most sincere sympathy that I post this announcement.

Blue Jay Delivery Service family lost a valued member of their family this morning in a tragic car accident in Iowa.

The Good Lord brought Pete O’Mahoney into our lives back in June 2018. For many years Pete was an expediter for a company/fleet owner out of Skokie, IL.

Pete was probably one of the best drivers you could ask for......He never said “No” to any load and took his share of local and long OTR trips.

Pete LOVED driving for Blue Jay Delivery and Blue Jay Delivery loved having Pete a part of our family! I often said if I could have ten guys like Pete, we’d be one of best carriers out there in the ranks of FedEx CC, Load1, V3, Cross Roads Express, PTL, and S2.....you get the idea....so forgive me if I missed a carrier.

Pete would often get upset if he missed out on a trip. But I’d always reassure him that the Good Lord would take care of us and give us a better load in the near future.

I guess if there is any comfort, is knowing that Pete died doing what he loved.......driving and making money. From what I know based on my conversation with the accident investigator is that Pete, did not suffer in the accident.

God Bless you Pete O’Mahoney. The Good Lord needed you for more important work. We miss you and love you and will always keep you in our hearts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is with a heavy heart and my deepest, most sincere sympathy that I post this announcement.

Blue Jay Delivery Service family lost a valued member of their family this morning in a tragic car accident in Iowa.

The Good Lord brought Pete O’Mahoney into our lives back in June 2018. For many years Pete was an expediter for a company/fleet owner out of Skokie, IL.

Pete was probably one of the best drivers you could ask for......He never said “No” to any load and took his share of local and long OTR trips.

Pete LOVED driving for Blue Jay Delivery and Blue Jay Delivery loved having Pete a part of our family! I often said if I could have ten guys like Pete, we’d be one of best carriers out there in the ranks of FedEx CC, Load1, V3, Cross Roads Express, PTL, and S2.....you get the idea....so forgive me if I missed a carrier.

Pete would often get upset if he missed out on a trip. But I’d always reassure him that the Good Lord would take care of us and give us a better load in the near future.

I guess if there is any comfort, is knowing that Pete died doing what he loved.......driving and making money. From what I know based on my conversation with the accident investigator is that Pete, did not suffer in the accident.

God Bless you Pete O’Mahoney. The Good Lord needed you for more important work. We miss you and love you and will always keep you in our hearts and prayers.

Always sad to read about a driver passing away especially doing what he loved doing God bless his family may he rest in peace....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

R.I.P Pete..... May God bless your soul.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. Nothing short of a miracle...
First load of the week. Almost 2 hours delay loading at the shipper (super nice and polite), over 1.5 hours bottleneck at the border crossing. Slept 2 full nights while loaded (5+7 hours accordingly). Arrived at consignee 4 hours earlier than planned.
Cudos to dispatch and brokers for making it possible.
Chasing "Mr. 4000" (hopefully not in miles).
Glory to God from this Eastern European with unmarked van.
Let's see where second load brings me, while enjoying Salt Lake City.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exploding package :eek:

Just ripped open a large delivery envelope of some special screws I ordered from Home Depot.

POOF, All this insulation type crap comes flying out all over me. WTH :mad:

001.JPG

The inner contents potion was fine. But dang, a warning label would of been nice ;)

This has to be about tied for the worse packaging material I've received so far.

My other one was a very small part, in a large box of confetti. Talk about a mess :rolleyes: