September 2018 Locations & More

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Headed home in the morning, I've been punished enough, 96 degrees at 9am everyday is enough, told Mrs fast to tear out Florida from the atlas

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
4811671.jpg

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exploding package :eek:

Just ripped open a large delivery envelope of some special screws I ordered from Home Depot.

POOF, All this insulation type crap comes flying out all over me. WTH :mad:

View attachment 17937

The inner contents potion was fine. But dang, a warning label would of been nice ;)

This has to be about tied for the worse packaging material I've received so far.

My other one was a very small part, in a large box of confetti. Talk about a mess :rolleyes:
Get enough of those packages, you can start insulating the van with it.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes I did, and had a stroke now we are sitting on the side of I-26 waiting for AAA to come change a flat

Sent from lost in space.
In the Old Days Expediting, you would have Limped it to a Rest Area and changed it in Daylight...

U run the Miles
I run for the Money

Reactions: fastman_1

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent the night in Columbia now at NTB gonna spring for 4 new tires, happy that they are tiny little 15 inch, first time buying tires for under a grand!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I hope NTB's Brand name tires last for you . I put 4 of their Best 10 ply tires on my van over a year ago , didn't make 60,000 miles and they were wore out . Liked the all season tread design and the Price , but first time ever i didn't get 100,000 miles on a set of tires purchased after factory tires.

U run the Miles
I run for the Money

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back at it; PA to AL then LA (the state) with a two stopper

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app

Busy week:

Metairie, LA to Midland TX, rate good enough for a deadhead to Dallas

Wylie, TX to Dublin, VA

Lynchburg, VA to Frankfurt, KY

Versailles, KY to Fairfield, PA

Now visiting daughter and her bf, and our new grandpuppy

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent the night in Columbia now at NTB gonna spring for 4 new tires, happy that they are tiny little 15 inch, first time buying tires for under a grand!

I hope NTB's Brand name tires last for you . I put 4 of their Best 10 ply tires on my van over a year ago , didn't make 60,000 miles and they were wore out . Liked the all season tread design and the Price , but first time ever i didn't get 100,000 miles on a set of tires purchased after factory tires.

U run the Miles
I run for the Money

I'm a Discount Tire guy ....

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

U run the Miles
I run for the Money
I think places like Walmart, Costco, BJs... best in our driving. Price match, free (or low installation charge), warranty, lifetime rotation and balancing, plus bonus somewhere with gas filled.
4 Michelins for new sprinter - under $900.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

U run the Miles
I run for the Money
I think places like Walmart, Costco, BJs... best in our driving. Price match, free (or low installation charge), warranty, lifetime rotation and balancing, plus bonus somewhere with gas filled.
4 Michelins for new sprinter - under $900.

Maybe ...

I've never paid list price for a set of Michelins at Discount Tire. The published price can be worked .. hard. The price will fluctuate depending on which city/state you happen to be in. If they happen to have the exact set in stock ... jackpot. I think my 2nd set of LTX MS2s was $750 because they had it in stock. My first 3 sets were $800 or less. These are out the door prices .. taxes, installation, lifetime balance & rotation .. all in. I've never purchased whatever tire "protection plan" they sell. If one of my tires fails prematurely, I'm getting that sucker replaced for free.

The new Defender was more expensive. I have to look up exactly what the cost was ... I think the total was around $880.

Imo Discount Tire also offers much better service than the big box stores, where tires are an afterthought. Their customer experience is pretty consistent/standardized no matter where you happen to be in the country. Knowledgeable staff, relatively clean store, free water and coffee, wifi, good a/c, comfortable seeting ... make an appointment and it's usually under an hour in/out. Walmart can be a howdy doody show.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Happy Autumn all. After basically taking the summer off so MrsWornOut could replace her worn out hip we are back at it. Been out 2 weeks and Murray has kept us running. Just under 8700 paid miles in 2 weeks. Been checking my rearview mirror for Mr. 3000. This week started with a BANG. Nogales AZ to Toledo, 2000 paid.

Oh yeah, Transit is 40 months old and hit a milestone this AM.
IMG_20180924_093021618.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app