Seeking Advice for joing the Fed CC Team!

rymilburn

Active Expediter
Good Afternoon/Evening everyone! You may all have seen me post in the past, but my fiancé and I are finally taking the plunge and joining the team, tomorrow to be exact! As I type this we are 35K feet up in the air heading to Chicago. After wrapping things up back home in Las Vegas, we are on our way! Just wanted to see in any long timer's have any advice for new-combers. I have talked to many many people on here through PM, posted a lot, asked numerous questions etc. I have appreciated each and every one of you and the feedback that I have gotten. I just wanted to go a bit more in depth and see if anyone has any last minute advice, etc. We are attending orientation tomorrow in Uniontown and are very excited, nervous, etc. As you can probably imagine. We are in the process of setting up a blog, and for anyone that wants to e-mail us directly can at our team email [email protected] Anything is welcome. Oh, and it will probably be helpful if I say we are starting off in a Straight w/lift gate driving for a O/O. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you out there on the road! Drive Safe- Ryan & Madison

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take LOTS of notes in orientation. Nothing is too trivial to put into your notes. You can always edit them and consolidate them later on. And don't eat too large a breakfast. You want to be ready for the lunch they serve.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When you meet your CC for lunch make sure and get to know them, they are your lifeline to the company. Get your T-Chek set up before you leave.

If you have ANY questions get them answered.

As LDB says take lots of notes as you are going to be brain dead and those notes will sure help you when you accept your first load and deliver that load.

Find a mentor that has a truck similar to yours to help you with ideas on where and where not to layover, help when you are not sure how to handle a load or paperwork, support when you are tired and feeling down and out.

rymilburn

Active Expediter
@TeamCaffee - We met with Marc Hodge today as he is our recruiter and he had nothing but positive things to say about you. Our first day was full of a lot of knowledge, took a lot of notes and met a lot of wonderful people. We feel that were going to really enjoy it over at the Fed. It's our first time so we really don't have a lot of expectations! The lunch was absolutely amazing! Thanks everyone for the advice and we look forward to meeting everyone out on the road. Thank you again. -Ryan & Madison