Searching

greymatter

Active Expediter
Hello, good morning, good evening, goodnight.

I currently have a class B license.
I live in Auburndale, Queens, NY

I am looking to get back behind the wheel. Formerly employed by Arrow Critical Supply Solutions. I had to walk off the job due the company's negligence which almost cost me my license. Before that time, I had been their regional driver for eight months. I gotta tell you, I loved it. I drove in six states and I really want to get back into it.
I can't afford to relocate, so I'd like to know if there's any companies that I can drive to from NYC. Here's a picture of the truck I used to drive.
Appreciate any help you can provide..

Attachments

• 1363046767081.jpg
    1363046767081.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hello, good morning, good evening, goodnight.

I currently have a class B license.
I live in Auburndale, Queens, NY

I am looking to get back behind the wheel. Formerly employed by Arrow Critical Supply Solutions. I had to walk off the job due the company's negligence which almost cost me my license. Before that time, I had been their regional driver for eight months. I gotta tell you, I loved it. I drove in six states and I really want to get back into it.
I can't afford to relocate, so I'd like to know if there's any companies that I can drive to from NYC. Here's a picture of the truck I used to drive.
Appreciate any help you can provide..

Greymatter,

Welcome to EO!

The first thing you want to do (and update on a regular basis) is create a Classified Profile. That will get some calls for you.

greymatter

Active Expediter
Thanks for responding.

What is a classified profile?
I looked up and down the boards, I didn't see one. Or mabey I didn't know what to look for. What does it involve?
I tried the FAQ's, it helped a bit. But I'm still on the lost side.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Head to the "FREE CLASSIFIED" section and place an add that describes what you are looking for. Place it as "driver available.

Keep in mind, most in here do not "hire" people. For the most part expediters are small business people, not employees. Even those who drive for an owner are self employed.

Welcome to EO.

greymatter

Active Expediter
Thanks, heading there now.
I guess the really big question is, which company should I apply to? Taking into consideration travel time to and from home. Weather it be bi-weekly or tri-weekly?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks, heading there now.
I guess the really big question is, which company should I apply to? Taking into consideration travel time to and from home. Weather it be bi-weekly or tri-weekly?

I can't help you there. Many of us stay out 4-8 weeks at a time. I would suggest talking with several owners to see who can meet your needs.

When you post your add, be sure to say whether or not you will be driving solo, team, what kind licence, etc. Be sure to include if you have HAZMAT or other qualifications.