Scanners

psm127_dad

Seasoned Expediter
Took a while, but finally was able to test the TripPak 'in cab scanning' software....

Although it does download & install & recognize the Fedex client id, there is no way to designate BOL number nor truck unit. I was able to send in a BOL to TripPak, but it was never processed correctly at Fedex because of the above.

So, it looks like TripPak envelope for now....

The handy Scanner app is a very good way to send in anything else to fedex.... cert of violation, DOT medical card, Canadian paperwork, etc.

witchywoman07

Seasoned Expediter
I have been paperless for years using Neat receipts. Everything gets scanned into QuickBooks. So I was stoked to start scanning FDCC paperwork It was easier to use than Neat receipts. Love it. I save all run paperwork and TVAL tapes in the truck for 3 months then it goes home, just in case. The extra expense is calibration and cleaning kit of $10 which will last about 18 months with regular use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well when I go to Class in Ohio Ill buy a scanner and Tom and show how to run it. On another note Verizon if you do for an free up grade IE to a smart ph they tell me i can get Unlimited PH if I up grade to the smart phone and for an Additional 15bucks I can get 1000 candan Min a month for when I go to canada. maybe Ill move up Both to the Smart Ph and the Scanner now if I can get the FED to Brand the trailer ID realy be in like flyn.

witchywoman07

Seasoned Expediter
No drivers for Windows 8. I have neat receipts as well and this scanner is junk. If you are TVAL do you have a difficult time scanning temp tapes as we do? The scanner doesn't feed evenly.

Live life in the fast lane....drive hard, love hard, laugh harder.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
No drivers for Windows 8. I have neat receipts as well and this scanner is junk. If you are TVAL do you have a difficult time scanning temp tapes as we do? The scanner doesn't feed evenly.

Live life in the fast lane....drive hard, love hard, laugh harder.

Find the little" paper detector" and place it against one of them and it will feed just fine.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
scaner.jpgmight want to read this
Took a while, but finally was able to test the TripPak 'in cab scanning' software....

Although it does download & install & recognize the Fedex client id, there is no way to designate BOL number nor truck unit. I was able to send in a BOL to TripPak, but it was never processed correctly at Fedex because of the above.

So, it looks like TripPak envelope for now....

The handy Scanner app is a very good way to send in anything else to fedex.... cert of violation, DOT medical card, Canadian paperwork, etc.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Jack,

I sure would be interested in knowing how to use my existing scanner. Either scanning to my laptop & then somehow sending to the fedex system or scanning directly into the clink via the USB port for a scanner located on the CLINK.

However, after talking to Tom L. today, he is unaware of ANY other scanner besides the one sold by BSC (or is it BCS??) :confused::) that works with the CLINK. What he did tell me was that FedEx will be discontinuing the paper envelope system with Trip-Pak. He also says that there is a free APP from TRIP-PAK available for any smart phone to take pictures of BOL paperwork & send it in. I looked & found the APP in the Google Play store.

I do not know if this works or not, but Tom says it will.

On a side note, FedEx realizes that something else needs to be done besides forcing everyone to purchase THIS scanner. There are many drawbacks including the already mentioned issue of recalibration when you switch devices. FedEx does not yet know what the ultimate answer will be, but it will be a year or so before they make a radical, forced change.

My thoughts about the APP... if it works as advertised, that will be great for sending in BOL & other run related paperwork AFTER the load is complete. It does not address the other features of sending things to safety or Canadian paperwork at departure.

Hope this helps
I have a Canon Copier/Scanner/Printer at home and use it to send my paperwork. I downloaded the Tripak In Cab app to my laptop. Even if you get a msg "this scanner isn't compatable, just ignore that msg. Scan the Tripak cover sheet, scan your ppwk, and send. That it. It works. The only disadvatnage is that I have to wait until I get home to send my ppwk.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The truck has to go into the shop Tues to have the "black box" of the Clink replaced. Tom at FDCC says my unit is possessed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My Clink, the black box, was replaced yesterday. They said that the unit that was in my truck was improperly wired into the truck.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
My Clink, the black box, was replaced yesterday. They said that the unit that was in my truck was improperly wired into the truck.

That is what happened to us... except instead of the scanner, it corrupted the communications to the ECM causing the transmission to shut down (sometimes violently). Until it was figured out, when we had an episode, we would disconnect all cables to the unit, switched to paper logs and continued on our way.
2007 Columbia with 10spd smartshift

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is what happened to us... except instead of the scanner, it corrupted the communications to the ECM causing the transmission to shut down (sometimes violently). Until it was figured out, when we had an episode, we would disconnect all cables to the unit, switched to paper logs and continued on our way.
2007 Columbia with 10spd smartshift

WOW! Don't you just love the competence of some of these contractor?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They had to take my already wrecked dashboard apart to work on my Clink. It is NOT going back together. It is toast. New parts ordered, going to cost a zillion bucks or so, like $2500, but at least it will be fixed.

There is ANOTHER electrical problem, they say that was likely caused by the wiring being wrong on the Clink, my suspension dump switch does not work. Nothing is talking to each other.