Scanners

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How much does this stuff cost? The ONLY way it will be cost effective to us is if it costs us what TripPak does, NOTHING! OTHERWISE, we lose.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm surprised, but my wife thinks like Joe.

At least on this issue.

We missed mailing a BIG load for two weeks (got filed instead of mailed).

To her, that's just money in the bank.,
We'll wait till the price goes down.

Anyone changing carriers ? I'll offer you 50% of retail.

If you're "on the fence",keep my number

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Post # 8 says $138 out the door. No fees .

Thanks, I missed that.:eek:

FAR too much. I pay $138 out of MY pocket and FDCC saves WAY more than that on TripPac fees and I get to fund THEIR savings. Ain't no way. I'll wait till I am FORCED to buy it. It's gets old. :mad:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I hesitated to answer the money question because it hasn't been explained to us if it's a purchase fee or an installation fee. As we don't "own" any of the other c-link equipment, I find it odd that we would be purchasing the scanner. The fee IS $138, but until someone from FedEx makes it official, I cannot call it a purchase.:rolleyes:

GandJ

Active Expediter
Is there a manufacturer name and model number on the scanner?
Do you just plug in when you need to use it or do you have it mounted some how?
Looking forward to getting ours.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
DocketPORT 468Q. We dont have ours mounted, we just coil up the cable near the Qualcomm reciever when not in use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Getting paid faster is great but I've always figured absent of winning the lotto I'm going to need money next week and the week after next just the same as this week so waiting until I was driving past a trippak box was no big deal. Sometimes it might cause a week delay but that just made that week all the better. This is all about money in Fedex's pocket and nothing else. Being able to say it's to pay the contractor sooner is just a talking point to make the contractors less unhappy while the money flows to Fedex.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
This is all about money in Fedex's pocket and nothing else. Being able to say it's to pay the contractor sooner is just a talking point to make the contractors less unhappy while the money flows to Fedex.

Disagree.

Trippaks are only one thing it's used for. Cross-border shipments, where a fax is unavailable and data service is outrageously expensive is another thing. There are tons more that make the scanner pay for itself in a relatively short time, but FedEx's profit motives, i believe, are a very small part of this picture.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Changes like this are usually driven by a supplier like Qualcomm / BCS coming to FECC ,saying "Hey guys we have this great new idea, what do you think"? They want to sell products and services.

GandJ

Active Expediter
Anything that streamlines the process I am happy with. In the balances of the hundreds of thousands being generated by this truck I could give a rip about $138. It's the reoccurring weekly costs paid attention to.
Every time the trip pak is put into the yellow box I would really hope it would make its final destination. Some boxes are really very sad and some I wouldn't drop in and wait for another location.
Scan and hit send and get a confirmation right away is my view of a streamlined process.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
GandJ; Scan and hit send and get a confirmation right away is my view of a streamlined process.[/QUOTE said:
I will add, don't forget to keep the copies or scan them to your computer.......things have a way of being lost.......:rolleyes:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the weekly costs. So Fedex saves many many thousands of dollars per month by not paying for trippak fees and to "reward" the operators they charge them for the scanners. How about reward the operators by giving them the scanner with their qc unit that they are already paying a premium to use. Then when the qc is turned in the scanner is turned in as well.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, unless forced to purchase one we will not. No need to own two scanners. We have Neat and will continue to use it for our books. IF they can get it to work on the CLINK, cool, ANOTHER $138, with no return, does not make sense.