Saturn Spring Hill Tn.

24darode

Seasoned Expediter
Any body here any thing about fork truck drivers not being allowed to drive on to straight trucks starting in March at the Sping hill plant and will this be the same at other GM. PLANTS? heard this at the plant supposed to be safety issue

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
there have been many accidents at alot of loading docks and one of main reason is
forklift drivers not waiting for driver to put thier landing gear down,
or drivers going on truck's that have no landing gear at all , and way some of those forklift driver's drive, they cause alot problems because they didn't wait for the truck to be competely ready for them to drive on it
in all the years i have been driving i have seen one forklift driver hit ground as the driver should have not had forklift driver do what he did
and forklift driver push truck over the chocks and fell to ground driver had seatbelt on and didn't get hurt to bad, but had the scared out of him

also some floor's in truck are not made for a heavy forklift on them
i always perfer bring the load to back of the truck
as egl/ceva don't like forklifts on our truck's
also i didn't let many drive on my truck's
alway told them if you hurt my truck you will meet fred
and they ask who fred was, he was a 2 x 4 with there name on it

MSinger

Expert Expediter
If I drove my own straight truck I would prefer they didn't drive on it. Seems like alot of wear and tear on suspension and tires. I carry a pallet jack in my non-dock high cube truck to assist with loading and unloading. It's really not that big of a deal to move a skid to the tail end. Just my 2 cents.