Satellite TV Systems

Packy

Seasoned Expediter
Does any one know what is the best satellite system that can be viewed while moving down the road? Someone told me that their is a new system outon the market,that the dish is flat and about the size of a skillet. Any body have any ideas where to purchase this new satellite system?

FedEx Custom Critical
Fleet Owner & Operator
D Units

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Camping World would be a good place to stat. The flat one I've seen is much bigger that a skillet.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know anything about it but I'd check with Camping World. The high dollar RV community is far larger than the high dollar trucking community so they are most likely to know what's the latest thing.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Our ARI sleeper that is mounted on our Kenworth came complete with a TracVision L3 in motion satellite system. It is connected to a Direct TV tuner box. The sound system is a surround sound system.

We find that the system works well with the exception of interstate cloverleafs and 90 degree turns. The signal will get lost for a short period of time while the system relocates the signal. Otherwise the system handles the gentle interstate bends and curves quite well. Also extreme cloud cover can occasionally block or interfere with the signal.The system cost is approximately $4000.00 and monthly service runs approximately $50.00 if you don't have Direct TV service at home to bonce a signal from to your truck.

We feel that for what we get in service and selection of channels as compared to an "air" antenna, the money spent on our system is well worth it!:)

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
We have a KVH R5 bought at Big Discount RV in Houston TX for 1700.00.
You have to buy your dish receiver separate and subscribe.
Ours is a Dome type that tracks while riding. The RV shop close to
our house has a small flat antenna that tracks but it has to be used
with direct tv. It was about 1800.00 and came with a receiver.
You go to KVH.com and you can check them out there.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Same answer. Check out Camping World. They can set you up with a dish or a high quality regular antenna.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Or if you're close to Richmond, IN, check out Tom Raper RV.....that's where we bought our last one.

slfisher45

Expert Expediter
Rev,
I used to subscribe to Directv. Now we have Dish at home. I reactivated my Directv this weekend and put the old receiver in my truck and rigged a temporary hookup for my oval dish. I can slip the dish on the temporary pole and in sseconds I have a picture thanks to the inline satellite finder I bought at Radio Shack. It works great.