Sand storm

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Laredo "residents", it looks like we got a nice sand storm outside...

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Yea its pretty nasty wind was moving had Windows down a little and it was blowing in a little

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea its pretty nasty wind was moving had Windows down a little and it was blowing in a little

When it clears up..Make sure to check your turbo filter and box....mine had quite a bit sand in it from the air intake...and even the cabin air filter....Texas can do a nasty with all the sand that blows around, most people forget about that..
I got caught in a sandout?....hard to see even 20-30 feet ahead....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
When it clears up..Make sure to check your turbo filter and box....mine had quite a bit sand in it from the air intake...and even the cabin air filter....Texas can do a nasty with all the sand that blows around, most people forget about that..
I got caught in a sandout?....hard to see even 20-30 feet ahead....

If you haven't changed your oil yet, I suggest you get an oil sample kit and send it out. Keep tabs on that new engine.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you haven't changed your oil yet, I suggest you get an oil sample kit and send it out. Keep tabs on that new engine.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Wellllllll....does running 10 quarts of oil straight threw it count?.....LOL Forgot to put the oil plug back in yesterday.....

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Interestingly, unused oil will not burn in the used oil furnaces......might tho if stoked by the wood.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interestingly, unused oil will not burn in the used oil furnaces......might tho if stoked by the wood.
It is one of them oil drip furnaces...make the wood burn slower.....but I can see your point used used does have a little fuel in it....