Safe place near Duluth ga?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you have a Garmin, just type Walmart in, if not, pick up an atlas next time you're at WalMart - the store brand cost's $5 & lists all stores in the back pages.
It's usually a safe place to spend the night, if not always the quietest. The Next Exit [$15 at truckstops & bookstores] lists everything, including rest areas, if quiet is what you want.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
The whole state of Georgia is considered a safe haven. Its in the bible belt, nothing bad ever happens in Georgia.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The whole state of Georgia is considered a safe haven. Its in the bible belt, nothing bad ever happens in Georgia.

Except for 'The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" :eek:
And the author of 'Deliverance' [poet James Dickey] said he based his 'bad guys' on people he observed in the remote woods of north Georgia - but the truth is, no place is safe, really. Thinking some are is what causes us to be less careful, and that's how people get mugged or robbed 'in broad daylight'.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I would say walmart. I always parked under a light pole in the middle of the parking lot to stay visible. You should be fine. When you have to use the bathroom just go inside walmart. If your hungry walk inside walmart to their deli. If you was closer to me I would let you park in my front yard lol but Im about 2 hours away from Duluth

Edit- I looked online and there are several truck stops near by. Got a pilot about 20 miles from Duluth. 5888 Highway 53, Braselton, GA They got a cracker barrel across the street if your looking for some good eating !

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Walmarts in the greater Atlanta area are notoriously truck unfriendly, so be sure there are no signs posted.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would say walmart. I always parked under a light pole in the middle of the parking lot to stay visible. You should be fine. When you have to use the bathroom just go inside walmart. If your hungry walk inside walmart to their deli. If you was closer to me I would let you park in my front yard lol but Im about 2 hours away from Duluth

Edit- I looked online and there are several truck stops near by. Got a pilot about 20 miles from Duluth. 5888 Highway 53, Braselton, GA They got a cracker barrel across the street if your looking for some good eating !

We have been to the truck stops around the area. Got tired of the guy's running around trying to sell us "gold chains" or the "ladies on parade" We do stay at Wallyworld some times. Cuz it is New Years, we got a room and will wait out the wierdness until we get a run Monday (or ?) Thanks for all the info. We use our truck stop books, road atlas, city-data, Ipad and laptop to locate good areas. Gotta keep my co-pilot safe, got 37 years invested in her and don't wanta let her down. (been hearing banjo music all day) 3:00 am and hoping the phone don't ring too early. Thanks again.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Here's what I did when I wanted to sleep & wasn't planning on renting a room that nite. I'd go to the nicest hotel in town. I mean the 5 Star ones if a city had one. Then I'd doze in their parking lot.

I used to tell people that this job allowed me to stay at the finest hotels in the country. I just left out that I was sleeping in my van.

No place is 100% safe. Still, the types of people who stay at those hotels are less likely as a rule to look for trouble than those at a truck stop.

Now ya can't stay there all day waiting for a run. You'll have to find somewhere else to go once ya wake up. You'll also want to make sure ya don't run your generator if ya have one, don't be on your computer or DVD player. That sorta thing. Basically it's common sense that ya don't want to alarm people & have em report ya to security.

When it comes to actually wanting to close your eyes & sleep though, I've found the nicer hotel parking lots are the way to go.

60MPH

Expert Expediter

ROFL!!!

Yea Atlanta is the safest city in the dirty south.

Last edited: