rust

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
What can be done with a fuel tank that is rusted. It is leaking about 1/2 way up. I have looked for a replacement freightliner wants 1300.00. This is a FL70.

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
We have had good luck with having the tanks pulled and then taking them to a radiator shop here by the house that fixes them and paints them up like new...casts anywhere from 350-500$ depending on how bad it is.

-charlotte

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
checked all I could find was the round ones so I would new supports and all. It's in the shop now I will let you know what they do when it comes out.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
DOT finds any fuel leaking or even looks like its leaking. It is gona be BIG real Big. They take this very serious plus its also a HAZMAT leak.

Get it Fixed ASAP, or else $$$$$$$$$$$$$

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Greg looking on the site look like he could have one that would work, I will give him a call Monday.
Broom you are right about that I was at a truck stop and a trucks tank broke at night and I was stuck while the Haz boys did there thing, good thing I was not under a load or it would have been late. Now I carry a blow up pool the little kiddie size that way if I do get a bad leak I can put that under it to hold it until they get there.