Heating / Cooling Rooftop A/C unit that will run off a 2000 watt generator

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just bought a brand new generator to run my 13.5k Dometic rooftop AC.

Brand name is Champion 2800 watt with 3100 Watts surge power.

I run it on the economy mode and it does an excellent job running my AC.

Price on it was $840.00 from amazon.com. It's very quiet and the reviews all gave it very high marks, I'm very satisfied with it.
5b5e20f066f8697ace19a3db54a21362.jpg

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's about 80 pounds. With the 2 handles it's not too bad getting it in and of my Transit. The handle and wheels makes it easy to move around.

I think it weighs about the same as a Honda 3000.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The honda has a battery and electric start, along with almost 2 gallon bigger fuel tank all things to consider but a large price difference. I did just buy a used honda with remote start for 1200.00 so that's also an option for some.

If I was going to be lifting it in and out of the truck it wouldn't be the honda for sure.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
The honda has a battery and electric start, along with almost 2 gallon bigger fuel tank all things to consider but a large price difference. I did just buy a used honda with remote start for 1200.00 so that's also an option for some.

If I was going to be lifting it in and out of the truck it wouldn't be the honda for sure.
Whimp! I do curls with a Honda 3000

bigbass

Expert Expediter
what,s the cost of a roof top AC for a 2016 sprinter. Or where can I find a used one I am in connecticut

Last edited:

bigbass

Expert Expediter
on the subject of communication, what can one used for faxing and receiving fax in a sprinter its a big van but not a log of room

CROWBAR

New Recruit
Hello, good health and prosperity for You and Your families.
Read All I could on roof top AC. Rv sites do go into roof top
AC, but I am minimalist and this forum dedicated to earn $$ and
a bit enjoying comfort when waiting to get loaded...
I need to install roof top AC, (already choose one I need),
also choose generator to run AC, my question is, when
roof top installed, how do I connect AC power to
generator, I have looked thru few set-ups, but still unclear
how-to.
I only need to hook up roof top AC to generator, generator
will be located in small luggage trailer, have not thought about ventilation yet, but then again any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Crowbar.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I kept it simple, I put the unit on the roof, got a 25' HD extension cord, cut of the female end and wired it into AC then when I get my Jenny going I plug in the male plug.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: NorthernBill