Ron Paul: Befriend Iran.....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Apparently you don't actually talk to too many Iranians.

Sanctions don't really stop them from living and the power is not in the hands of the president but the ruling council of Iran which have openly said they are not supporting some of his actions and rhetoric.

If we are to think we can fix their problems by using western ideas of sanctions or arrogant enough to think we can scare them as a country into changing, we have a serious problem with ourselves. We still cling onto this idea that we are not at fault for the problems we ended up with in Iran and falsely assume we are more powerful than they are when it comes to their own people.

We are on the brink of falling apart, we neither have the will or the need to go into another country and try to change them. Until we get our own house in order, we need to seriously think about how we approach our foreign policies in the middle east and other parts of the world where we expend a lot of money for a false security.

Israel can take care of themselves, we may be hindering them by sticking to our own ideas of what the middle east should look like. They will need us to back them but not to fight for them. I think we are going to see more of an emergence of an opposition towards the US from Libya and Egypt in the near term because of the sides we have taken and I am not speaking of the side of Israel

Yes, we should mind our own business for awhile, if rouge nations will let us.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes, we should mind our own business for awhile, if rouge nations will let us.

You know I guess no one can understand that there is a made up word for countries that don't comply with other countries demands - rouge nation.

Iran is not a rouge nation, Somalia is for the most part.

You know what the difference is?