rims of sprinter van

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Are you going to throw on some 24's? :D I would suggest tirerack.com.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of the Load One drivers (John from S Carolina) has alloys on his. Said it came with them?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It appears it is hard to find aluminium time but they are out there...somewhere. The Sprinter on this page has them, it may be a special order from a shop or maybe they just took the measurements and found something that worked.

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/sprinter.html

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Nick and I have nor Discount tire have found any other than the stock rims.

All that's available on the old body style are the stock rims. I would try a salvage yard before I bought them from a dealer.

Even the sprinters they converted into rv's have various styles of wheel covers over the stock rims.

One of the Load One drivers (John from S Carolina) has alloys on his. Said it came with them?

I think they offered the alloys as an option on the new body style.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I know there is also a guy that had some custom made.

we sanded ours and painted them. We are probably going to aquire another set and have them powdercoated.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Check with Midway Conversions, Elkhart. They build some interesting Sprinter conversions, and some of them have custom wheels on them. So thay must have a supplier

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Well, as far as our six-wheeler is concerned we have real, spun aluminum wheels - no cheap covers . . . made by Alcoa, just like the big trucks. They fit both 2002-6 and 2007-up with the right lug nuts. Maybe they have a wheel with the right offset for the 2500 as well?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing wrong with a little bling for your Sprinter. It is the same reason people fix up their cars or home, a little vanity and pride is a good thing.

I see it as a very expensive bling....aluminum bends too easy and if you get a flat and run on it it usually has to be replaced on the spot.....I see it as unbusiness friendly....even tho they are lighter weight and increase the load capacity...but the negatives outweigh the perks.....sorry...but it is a WORK truck.....chrome wheel covers great...aluminum rims, not so great.

That is just my 2 cents on it.....as always...carry on McDuff..:)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, it's about having a truck that looks a bit nicer. We've had no problems like bent wheels and such. We have an aluminum wheel spare too, just in case. Plus the biggest reason was to change from the TINY 15" wheels stock on our 2006 to the 16" wheels. They just look more proper. And the weight capacity of the wheels/tires is 14,000 lbs so no problems there.

We're proud of the way our Sprinter looks, even though is was expensive to do. Maybe we'll just go basic on our next Sprinter?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, it's about having a truck that looks a bit nicer. We've had no problems like bent wheels and such. We have an aluminum wheel spare too, just in case. Plus the biggest reason was to change from the TINY 15" wheels stock on our 2006 to the 16" wheels. They just look more proper. And the weight capacity of the wheels/tires is 14,000 lbs so no problems there.

We're proud of the way our Sprinter looks, even though is was expensive to do. Maybe we'll just go basic on our next Sprinter?

LOL..guess I am just a plain Jane type of guy....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
LOL..guess I am just a plain Jane type of guy....

Well like you said before it is a work vehicle so keeping it running and looking good is first, but if you get a little extra cash and take pride in your vehicle why not spend some on it. I don't think you should be running a $5k van with $10k in rims though.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well like you said before it is a work vehicle so keeping it running and looking good is first, but if you get a little extra cash and take pride in your vehicle why not spend some on it. I don't think you should be running a $5k van with $10k in rims though.

I'd like to take any extra and spend it on some health insurance.....:p;)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Gonna Donk it? Or maybe some 13 inch gold Dayton's or spinners. Half the people here probably don't know what Donking a car is lol

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see it as a very expensive bling....

I had less than $400 invested in the wheels for my E350 and they really made it look a lot better. But, yeah, I guess everything for a Sprinter is more expensive.

I don't know what it means to "donk", but it sounds a bit twisted and perverted.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had less than $400 invested in the wheels for my E350 and they really made it look a lot better. But, yeah, I guess everything for a Sprinter is more expensive.

I don't know what it means to "donk", but it sounds a bit twisted and perverted.

There is some nifty wheel covers for a lot less money....aluminum wheels are expensive no matter what model they go on... hey....whatever turns your clock....bling away...