Rigmaster APU problems

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Be interesting to know of the Dallas place and what experience anyone has had. As for the Rigmaster and priming it, seems drivers struggle with that. In the past I just use wd40 to start them.
Seems many Speedcos have problems priming them as well. I think they get too much air in the head and that is where they have problems.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Be interesting to know of the Dallas place and what experience anyone has had. As for the Rigmaster and priming it, seems drivers struggle with that. In the past I just use wd40 to start them.
Seems many Speedcos have problems priming them as well. I think they get too much air in the head and that is where they have problems.

Like I said, try the screws,easiest way to take care of the issue.

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have had our rigmaster for two years now and never had a problem with it losing prime or being primed after service.

Our prior truck had a proheat and it constantly lost prime.

The main difference that I see between the two is how they were installed. The proheat had a line down into a fuel tank that it pulled its fuel from. Our rigmaster gets fuel directly from the fuel line with a tcheck valve. I don't know if I'm saying that right because I'm not mechanical but maybe you who are will understand what i mean.

After seeing the difference it makes I have to wonder why they aren't all installed that way?

Ours was purchased used and installed at i65 Chrome shop in Remington Indiana. Dale is the guy who deals with that stuff and could explain it better than me.

We were on the fence about buying an apu after all the problems with the proheat losing prime but he told us we wouldn't have that problem with the way they install and he was right.

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
We have had our rigmaster for two years now and never had a problem with it losing prime or being primed after service.

Our prior truck had a proheat and it constantly lost prime.

The main difference that I see between the two is how they were installed. The proheat had a line down into a fuel tank that it pulled its fuel from. Our rigmaster gets fuel directly from the fuel line with a tcheck valve. I don't know if I'm saying that right because I'm not mechanical but maybe you who are will understand what i mean.

After seeing the difference it makes I have to wonder why they aren't all installed that way?

Ours was purchased used and installed at i65 Chrome shop in Remington Indiana. Dale is the guy who deals with that stuff and could explain it better than me.

We were on the fence about buying an apu after all the problems with the proheat losing prime but he told us we wouldn't have that problem with the way they install and he was right.

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

That problem with your Proheat is solved with a $35 or so mechanical fuel pump. Realize a little late, but maybe useful for the next person reading this. It's right on the front of the engine, Two bolts, hose on each side. Ask me how I know. I dare ya.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Crack the nut on one of your injector lines. If fuel spurts out while it's cranking, pump is okay. If not (assuming filters are clean and full), your fuel pump is toast.

Seriously, easy part to replace. Google Kubota Z482 parts. It's on the front of your engine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might be your in line fuel filter. Has it been replaced? And if so, ensure the fuel filter is put in correctly. Filter has to be put in with arrow pointing the direction of the fuel flow. Some plaes put it in backwards.

revtabby14

Rookie Expediter
Might be your in line fuel filter. Has it been replaced? And if so, ensure the fuel filter is put in correctly. Filter has to be put in with arrow pointing the direction of the fuel flow. Some plaes put it in backwards.

Yep its been replaced....and paying 98$ for four times in a row to have it primed....looses its prime.....might be fuel pump....so how do i prime....for now till i can get to shop?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using EO Forums mobile app

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a little priming lever just below the filter. Make sure the fuel line is open. Might be easier to remove filter bowl and fill manually. The lever is a pain in the ...

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone have a link for the carrier comfort pro apu? Our friend has one with no namual.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2