Rev's New Home

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Again, thank you to the man who taught me how to make 6 figures as an Expediter and get out of the snow!

This is now my home.

Jimmy Buffet, eat your heart out. Hahahaha.

11022011099.jpg

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Very nice, glad to see you are having fun and living your life out of the van. 6 figures and no snow. I need to meet this person. LOL

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
It is the island of Palawan; the most western island in the Philippines.

And 60mph...you know who that man is. LOL.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Bill,

I posted a picture of the boat under "Rev's New Ride".

We just finished our third trial run.

We have done everything possible to destroy the engine and transmission. First run we forgot to open the water valve below the water line to allow for engine cooling. Thank God there was some water in the line so no damage. Second run we began to here a rattle in the tranny. We open the cover plate to find almost no gear oil. We assumed the person who said they were going to fill it did their job.

Finally today we took it out for the third run....Thank you Lord...It ran great. Things are very basic here, mechanically speaking, so you can push the envelop a little more than with the high tech components you find in the U.S.

Tomorrow we are loading 15 friends for island hopping, swimming with the fishes and then a late afternoon BBQ on the beach.

I am free, I am free, I am free at last.....No More Snow.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Hi Rev. Beautiful island. What language is most commonly spoken on Palawan. Filipino or English?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Jim,

I never knew this fact: The Philippines in the far east pacific is the third largest English speaking country in the world, after the USA and Great Britain. More than 110million Filipinos have been taught from grade school to graduate studies, to speak, understand and write English.

That said, the reality is most folks who are in businesses that deal with travelers do speak English, but many others do not. My carpenter that built the boat speaks little English and my boat driver speaks less. The man who is our tour guide for the boat speaks English very well, so he is a valuable friend in communicating my needs to others. El Nido is a tourist hot spot so many folks here do speak English.