Reviews of DKP Express

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

Exactly. So many are so clueless.

Like in Laredo, I had a guy standing outside my door, asking me for information about Load Ones lease program. I told them they dont do that. He kept telling me that they do, and that I was lying. I asked him where he is getting this information from. He says it says it right on my door.

I couldn't believe his stupidity. On my door, above Load One, in smaller font, it says "leased to"....

Unbelievable.

Was English his first language? Meaning did he have a foreign accent?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you're asking me about the Eagle Pass incident... Yes .. he had an accent... but i really don't pay attention to that sort of stuff.

guido4475

Not a Member
Believe it or not , while in Eagle Pass ,Tx awhile back i had an Owner/Operator park next to me at Walmart while i was changing Oil . Yes he was driving one of these Cab Over / Promasters. We started looking over his Van. He stated he could Legally haul 4,000 lbs. with no problem. It was the 3500 series with GVW of 9350 lbs. I asked if he had every scaled it ..? He said NO because the tag in door frame said 5,200 lbs empty wt. I asked to see it and he showed it to me . The Tag was from manufactur plant showing the Cab & Chassis weight ...... BEFORE being upfitted with Curtain Box on back . I explained this to him and said he should weigh it empty now .
He made a couple phone calls and ofcourse I couldn't understand the language he was speaking . After his phone conversation he immediately left... So until Someone is willing to Show his empty Scale Ticket then is all hearsay ..

Like in Laredo, I had a guy standing outside my door, asking me for information about Load Ones lease program. I told them they dont do that. He kept telling me that they do, and that I was lying. I asked him where he is getting this information from. He says it says it right on my door.

I couldn't believe his stupidity. On my door, above Load One, in smaller font, it says "leased to"....

Unbelievable.

That's what cornfused me. He spoke English, muffled by the wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth. Way too small tshirt, about 4 inches too small, his blubber hanging out at the waist of his elastic shorts.

Any questions???....lol.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Unbelievable.

That's what cornfused me. He spoke English, muffled by the wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth. Way too small tshirt, about 4 inches too small, his blubber hanging out at the waist of his elastic shorts.

Any questions???....lol.

Oh, so he looked like your average expediter.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffrey Stowe

guido4475

Not a Member

Unbelievable.

Any questions???....lol.

Oh, so he looked like your average expediter.

He also was the kind where as you are talking, his lips were moving, as if he was processing what was being said ...lol..

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Unbelievable.

Any questions???....lol.
Was his name Bubba?

guido4475

Not a Member

Unbelievable.

Any questions???....lol.
Was his name Bubba?

Quite easily coulda been...lol

I told them that Load One wasnt hiring, (especially if they knew that he had one of those old Dodge extended window vans, late 80's model,) but he came back to me an hour later to inform me that they weren't hiring....lol..