Reviews of DKP Express

Rmany

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Please give any information concerning DKP Express. Former or current drivers particularly. I have seen very little online concerning driving for them. Thank you.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please give any information concerning DKP Express. Former or current drivers particularly. I have seen very little online concerning driving for them. Thank you.
That probably explains why there isnt any info. Ive been in the business for 20+ yrs and i do not know of anyone who has run for them. Now i have seen there vehicles but have not talked with any of them. Also i would not want to sleep in that overhead coffin compartment.

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
While we are a smaller company with high attention to details and making sure we provide great service one load at a time and trying to keep our drivers happy and don't have thousands of former and current drivers, there are quite a few reviews on Internet about our company including our Facebook page. Please feel free to check it out. We also have a few of our drivers sitting in the Expedite Nation group on Facebook.

About the sleepers:
We do have both top and behind the seats sleeper trucks and try to make them as much more comfortable for our drivers as it's possible.
Even the "coffin" sleepers at DKP are the most comfortable since we install ladders for easy access and equip them with AC and Heat while other companies experience issues with drivers during the the cold or hot weather.
We also install 2000 watt power inverters and other additional features for driver's comfort.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds ok to me.
Don’t discourage carrier participation.
Any driver could have responded the same info without raising an eyebrow.
It just sounds too coincidental that OP starts a thread this morning and 6 hrs later said company signs up and posts a response. Not judging here, but it just sounds a little fishy to me. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Igor Komisarchik

New Recruit
Carrier Management
You are right - this is not an accident!
Since I stand for success of my company, I always try to learn and understand the industry better and better day after day and like my mentor John Elliot from Load1, I spend a lot of time looking at what is going on Facebook and EO. So that means I simply noticed a post on Facebook with this link to EO where someone was looking for info about my company and I wanted to help this gentleman find more info about us.
Please don't get me wrong, but information is the most powerful tool in our world and if someone can not find enough information about our company and I don't get involved in the conversation, we may loose a great candidate!

It just sounds too coincidental that OP starts a thread this morning and 6 hrs later said company signs up and posts a response. Not judging here, but it just sounds a little fishy to me. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Tim Killeen Tx

New Recruit
Driver
I drove for DKP and loved every minute on the road! What Igor said is extremely accurate. They are concerned about driver comfort and moral while on the road. Finance would post my pay to my account within hours of email or fax of my BIL and receipt of load from receiver. I will share another story to really agrivate threadmill and his perpetual negativity.. I was starting out driving and wanted to stay out and get some miles, hauling Christmas leadup loads. Money and miles were stacking up, but Christmas Eve load was delivered and the expediter loads dried up, as they do on major holidays as retail and manufacturing close shop.. I sat for Christmas Eve, and was moving loads again Christmas evening!! My dispatcher contacted me and asked If I wanted him to get me home for New Years. I said no, try to find me loads. New Years Eve came around, I was delivering in South bend Ind. Dispatch said no loads for New Years, to use Company Charge card and get a room as I was out Christmas And New Years! How many expediter companies do this for drivers!??

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are right - this is not an accident!
Since I stand for success of my company, I always try to learn and understand the industry better and better day after day and like my mentor John Elliot from Load1, I spend a lot of time looking at what is going on Facebook and EO. So that means I simply noticed a post on Facebook with this link to EO where someone was looking for info about my company and I wanted to help this gentleman find more info about us.
Please don't get me wrong, but information is the most powerful tool in our world and if someone can not find enough information about our company and I don't get involved in the conversation, we may loose a great candidate!

I appreciate your response and may your company have success.

Tim Killeen Tx

New Recruit
Driver
folks the biggest most important thing I learned on the road and prior to driving was :
1. Never turn down loads
2. Keep a good positive attitude
3. Avoid conversations with negative drivers( the roads are packed with them)
4. Never bad mouth a company or its MGMT. if that unhappy, find another job..
5. Treat Company vehicle as if it was yours, it’s what makes you money!!
6. NEVER be late with a delivery..
7. Plan fuel stops and mileage maintainance stops, to save Company money. IE- don’t get an oil change or fuel fill up in NYC or other expensive areas. Sometimes it can’t be helped, but plan your trips!( your company will notice)..
8.get a pilot,interstate,or TA reward card for expediter vans or box trucks.You can use their showers for free

Tim Killeen Tx

New Recruit
Driver
What I’m trying to say, Is you will be as successful and have fun with your job, commensurate to how positive you stay !! if you can find a good company to drive for stick with them. If I was medically able, I would have completed 4 years with DKP Express.. is every day perfect? No job can promise that, but if your a disciplined,safe driver,who likes to be fairly compensated for your efforts, DKP Express will keep the tires rolling, with good home time.. stay Safe!

Tim

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh another steering wheel holder. LOL. Thanks for the info. Presently an o/o and proudly have been for 20+ yrs. The last 16+ yrs I have been with what I consider the 2 best expediting in the biz (LEAM and Load 1 and in no particular order). Both are stand up companies and are highly respected in this biz.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh boy .... allow me to interject ....

Treadmill,
Is anyone that doesn't work for L1 a steering wheel holder?

Igor,
Thanks for providing information concerning DKP. I do have two little questions to ask ...
How is it that both you and Tim both joined EO today? Should we expect any other owner/ops from DKP to make their presence felt shortly?

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This looks legit to me. Unless the OP is affiliated with DKP.
His original post, 6 months ago was legit.
His thread here seems legit.
If I were a small company and I saw a chance at 15 minutes of fame, I’d ask my guys to pile on.

EO has a large history of cheerleading/Pom Poms.
And we have a pretty good track record of calling them out when they’re “ over enthusiastic.”

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Treadmill,

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Stick Sezs:
Of course not !
There’s hundreds of real truck drivers at LEAM !

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Treadmill,

Igor,
Thanks for providing information concerning DKP. I do have two little questions to ask ...
How is it that both you and Tim both joined EO today? Should we expect any other owner/ops from DKP to make their presence felt shortly?
In my opinion any driver that is a company driver is a steering wheel holder. Nothing against them, as a matter of fact i was one at one time.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Saying any company driver is just a steering wheel holder is a bit harsh IMHO. Some are, some aren’t.

Telling a company driver he has a business is bs in my book. Just a scam to call them an independent contractor, usually with giving them little independence.

You don’t have a business until you’ve invested in a vehicle and assume more risk and accept more liability.