retired for one year now

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
there have been a lot of changes in a year. learning how not to get up early, took about 4 month's to learn how. then came out of retirement to help ceva out as a driver quit night before to go pick up a truck, in Texas, and drive back to Richmond , VA. drove for 30 day's in a rent a truck, no air ride, just two axles and somewhat air ride seat. wasn't not a western star. people say I'm going to get a used rent a truck, what ever you don't get one. they ride hard after 8 to 10 hours a day in one you feel like you have been beat up. take time and find the right unit that is going to fit what you are going to do. this year doing out side sales at Tysinger only put on 2,000 miles for the year. with ceva for a month, over night about 4 day's, 3,500 miles. instead of 60,000 for 2016. being semi retired is hard work. plus did 2 dealer transfer, always nice when someone else is paying for the fuel.

Reactions: RoadTime

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
just do van's , sold 3 this year. amazing how many places have gone out of business, or have retired , or down size and had their units rehab to go a few more year. sold one van twice, took my van off of lease by buying it, then sold it to someone from Maryland and state of Maryland said you should have paid $25,000 . for it. sold it for what I owe on it . so now can take a loss on it. always though the art of deal was to get it as cheap as you can

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Geo you know that's so they can charge more for property taxes to the new owner.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
sent he was taking it to Maryland, and where he lives they don't have taxes on use truck that are license, if you have a farm

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
deliver a van to day in NC, 502 miles round trip, made good time going down to Fayetteville , NC, little traffic on I 95, around I 40. all though snow birds backing up traffic, going slow. coming south, guest they don't like snow.
getting a rent car to go back, can't use a debit card, if you are from out of state. so took 3 hours for agent to get permission, had to call regional office for some one to give permission for me to get a money order to pay for rental car. wouldn't take a card credit over the phone. you and the card and driver have to be one and the same. you can call most any place and order over the phone and they will take your info.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
forgot to add writing a book and calling it tall tales and short story's by George.