Respect or Class

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Ladies what is that makes you notice a True Gentleman.

I open doors,

I will compliment a lady on her outfit, or that, that color compliments her well. WITHOUT FLIRTING, if you understand trying to be a Gentleman.

So what does it that makes an impression on a female, that without a sexual intent makes a lady impressed with a stranger? No intentions, of any further contact. Or just a friendship?

I was walking out the gym today, and a lady walking toward me, well that awkward moment of hi or what ever, so I winked without flirting as to just be nice. She gave me a very nice smile but not one of anything further you know just being nice. Otherwise without that wink I am sure she would not have complimented me with that smile. Just made me think, who could I ask, and this site came to mind.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Most of us can tell the difference between flirting, and friendly compliments, thank goodness! I'd say that respect, or class, is evidenced by someone who tries to avoid making another person feel uncomfortable. Etiquette is a formal means of teaching it to those who don't come by it naturally, which is to say, most of us flawed humans. And when we do fall short of the mark, respect is being able to apologize, and mean it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cheri you are a 100% correct on this one. It is odd you can spend hours talking to a gentleman and feel very comfortable and then spend 10 seconds talking to another person who considers himself a gentleman and be uncomfortable with them. I think body language also has a lot to do with this and this is a two way street.