Resigning from the Cat

Hawkeye

Seasoned Expediter
As of March 11, 2009, I resigned from Panther due to mechanical problems with my CV. Unfortunately, I was unable to cover the cost of the repairs due to the lack of loads or cheap loads.

I would like to thank everyone for their advice that they have given me over the last eighteen months. Thank You!!!

If I could have the attention of the Panther owners for just a minute. When I resigned, I was instructed to return my qualcomm and all of its equipment. I went to Wolverine Freightliner near Belleville, MI to have the QC removed. I do not recommend going there. It took Wolverine almost two weeks to return it back to Panther. As soon as you resign, Panther puts a freeze on all settlement checks until the QC is returned. Then, Panther has 45 days to return your escrow money. Just an FYI.

Again, thank you for all of your friendly advice and good luck to everyone out there still trying to make a go at this. Maybe, in the near future, I will see you at a nearby truck stop.

Dave
Panther O/O
Van 11942 (R.I.P.)

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
I HATE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MISFORTUNE(OR MAYBE FORTUNE). OVER THE NEXT YEAR, YOUR PROBLEM WILL BECOME AN EPIDEMIC. YOU CAN'T KEEP RUNNING JUST TO KEEP THE WHEELS TURNING. WHEN A LOT OF O/O's WAKE UP ONE DAY AND THEY HAVE A MAJOR BREAKDOWN BECAUSE THERE TRUCKS HAVE A TON OF MILES AND THEY HAVE NO MONEY IN SAVINGS DUE TO RUNNING EXTREMELY CHEAP FREIGHT ALL THE TIME, THEY WILL BE ANOTHER STATISTIC JUST LIKE YOU. I WISH EVERYONE GOOD FORTUNE, ESPECIALLY IN THIS BUSINESS, BUT THERE IS NO FORTUNE IF YOU ARE RUNNING C/V LOADS FOR $.70/MILE AND S/T LOADS FOR $1.00-$1.10/MILE REPEATEDLY AND THEN IDLING FOR TWO OR THREE DAYS TO STAY WARM OR COOL. WE ARE ALL HANGING IN THERE UNTIL OUR ARMS GET TIRED. GOOD LUCK!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sorry to hear you CV went to the Expediter bone yard. If you have a Class B CDL maybe you can drive for an owner out of MI. I'm sure Adam Walters can find you an owner to drive for. Good luck luck and be safe.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
sorry about it not working out for you !!!!!lately more dreams are shattered, then are met in the expeditor field...we just dont hear about them... basically its a statistic of whether you will succeed or not.. after 4 years in the vans,my number is coming up sooner then later.

Hawkeye

Seasoned Expediter
A couple of things that I failed to mention.

First, when you receive your last settlement, Panther charges everyone $250 for "Qualcomm Processing Fee."

Second, the 45 days it takes to return your escrow is "set in stone" as I was told by Panther; I tried to see if they would return the escrow sooner. Also, the escrow is loaded on your Comdata card, so you might want to hold onto it until then.

As of yesterday, I was hired to drive for a local taxicab company where I get to create my own schedule. Like Panther, I will be an independent contractor with this company only paying for a per-mile lease (no insurance, maintenance, or fuel to worry about). I should start training on Monday.