Request For Information Denied

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
We all know that the Census is taking place in 2010..most also know that the Census is now under the control of the WH and barry,,he felt he and his minioins needed to know more info and could do a better job i guess...now from all that we have heard, this census will be asking more info then any in the past...well personally i have a problem with giving this administartion any more info then they already have...so when this e-mail came my way, it kind of re-enfrced my thoughts of simply signing the form and sending it back blank...now i am not saying that this e-mail is real or bogus, but it does serve the purpose of making you think abut what you want to do......so here it is...you do what you have to do...me, i'll be sending it back signed with and written across it.."your request for information is denied"....

Every so often, I receive a census form. One year it will be a census of agriculture,
the next year it will be a census of business. For example, I found my copy of the
"2007 Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons." It came from the
Census Bureau and stated, "YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW."
I have capitalized and put it in bold because that is the way it is on the form.

I marked the form, "Request denied," signed it and sent it back.

I also receive a Census of Agriculture every so often, presumably every five years.
I can't find my copy of the last one received, but I remember marking it, "As
required by law I am responding. Your request for information is denied." and
then signed it.

The forms threaten me with a fine of $ 100 for not responding, or for "refusal or
neglect to answer questions." So far, I have not been fined, but expect to be one
of these days.

The Constitution only authorizes the conduct of a census every 10 years, not 5,
for the purpose of apportioning representation in Congress only. Now this year
I have heard people are receiving census forms asking questions about every
aspect of their private lives and threatening fines, while implying worse, for those
who do not respond.

There is only one way to handle this and that is to not respond. Except, respond
with a denial, just like the government would do to you if you requested information
from them.

"Your request for information is denied." is the only proper response.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
They likely won't do anything about it if you do that, but it is agaist the law not to respond to the census. It has been. This is nothing new. You can't blame this one on Barry.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
last time i checked go stuff it would be a response,not one they are looking for but a response none the less

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
letz wrote:

You can't blame this one on Barry.

You are riight to the extent that it is nothing new, the new part is barry taking over the census and controlling it from the WH and turning it into a tool of his own for his own benefit....

as far as being against the law not to respond to the census, so what...if thats the only law i ever break...well it ain't and it won't be...ask the irs...

Last edited:

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
HEADS UP! You NEVER had acorn crap in the past either! GO CHENEY!

Last edited:

lpgregory

Seasoned Expediter
How many people live in any given location and their ages are all they need. Anything else is an invasion of privacy.

Lynnie G.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Unfortunately a census can ask a lot of questions. We have two types called short form and long form. The long form asa you can imagine asks all kinds of things which I think they need not know. This information is utilized in a variety of ways but the best of course is the release of the estimated persons in the country making this amount, doing what for money etc and so on. All this info does have its good and bad points for govt. It is useful as the govt can plan use the info to plan ahead (I wonder how many really do this). Private industry though does make use of the info, not your private stuff but the demographic info.
Rob