REPOST.. GIVIN it a go….

cmd12345

Seasoned Expediter
REPOST.. GIVIN it a go….
My wife and I both drive a big truck and wish to make the move to a smaller more consolidated package. We both have 9 yrs as commercial drivers. What size box is recommended, weight limit recommended, axils, and so on. As we have been teaming in a relatively small sleeper without many of the amenities that would make life easier for my wife, I have agreed to spend a BIT more and get the 120,000†sleeper with whatever straight truck we get. We are willing to stay out for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. She’s Canadian; I’m American with Canadian residency. How is freight at this time? I tried to post a link to the truck we would like to buy, but my post was canned. This is the truck.

2007 FREIGHTLINER M2112

Sofa Bed, Goucho Bed, Work Station, Dinette, Shower, Porta Potti, Hot Water Tanks, 7.0 cu Fridge, Flat Screen TV's, Surround Sound Systems, In-Motion Satellite Systems, Stationary Satellite Systems,
Exterior Color: ANY AVAILABLE
Engine: MBE4000 450 Horse
Fuel Type: Diesel
Transmission: Autoshift
Transmission Make: Eaton Fuller
Sleeper Info: 120" All Aluminum Condo
Box Size: 20' Van Body with Barn Doors
Suspension: Air Ride
Axel Info: SINGLE/33,000 GVW
Wheels: ALUMINUM
Wheel Base: 300
Tire Size: 11R X 22.5

· Raised Roof Cab For Full Walk Thru Access, Fiberglass Condo Cap, Sliding Vent Windows, Stainless Steel Skirts, Full Air Ride Sleeper, Custom Oak Cabinets, Double Bunk Beds or Back Wall Cabinets, Accent Lighting Throughout. · 120" CONDO SLEEPERS MADE TO YOUR SPECS!!!!!! · Power Steering · Cruise Control · E-Trak · Air Conditioning · TV/VCR/DVD · Air Brakes · AM/FM/CD · CB Radio · Generator · Liftgate · Power Locks · Refrigerator · Satellite Radio · Tool Boxes · Microwave Oven · Reefer · Air Horns · Aluminum Tanks · Heated Mirrors · Bumper Lights · Jake Brake · Tilt

We use to do Toronto Ca. to LA in 2.5 days.
I’ve been reading posts for the last year or so. We are not looking to get rich, just pay the bills, have some luvin, and do some drivin in comfort. Just want some advice and or recomendations..

Thanks and safe ride,

The BIG C

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
That sounds like an AB truck. You may want to do a little more research on sleeper mfgs. before you make your choice. ICT makes a real nice sleeper.

cmd12345

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure what you mean by AB truck? Class A? Thinkin more like D with Reefer.

Thanks for the reply
BIG C

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>Thanks Terry and Rene
>
>Feal like a D...A..
>
>Ya its an AB.
>
>Whatcha think?
>
>BIG C

RUN DRIVER RUN!!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
If you haven't done expedite before you may want to think about driving for a fleet owner before you make such a large purchase. A husband and wife team with class a is a pretty good thing to be. you can run for a fleet owner in a nice d unit rig for awhile and see how well you like it. You may love it. You want to go back to t/t. You may decide you want to run an expedite tractor trailer. I have seen a few of those with nice sleepers. All i'm saying is take your time, test the waters while somone else is making the payment. If you are interested PM me I know a fleet owner who is a really honest guy and great to work for who would love to have a husband and wife team if he has a truck open. And when you run for him he lets you make choices like what runs you take what you turn down. He only asks you to call him with the load info once you've loaded so he can log it in his computer so he knows what will be on his statement from the carrier. So if you are interested let me know. This guy has about 15-20 trucks leased on with all different carriers. So if you work for this guy you can pretty much haul for whatever carrier you want. He has trucks with panther,fedex, and tri state i know. I think maybe even a couple with landstar as well.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Regarding spending and sleeper size, it pays to shop around. Our truck has a full-featured, custom-built, 132" sleeper with all the bells and whistles. We purchased it from ARI in Shipshewanna, Indiana. Another vendor, also located in Indiana, would have charged us $15,000 more for a 120" sleeper with the same features and a weaker warranty. While quality and sevice are subjective assessments that are difficult to argue on objective grounds, I will say that we believe we received a very-high quality product and ongoing excellent service from ARI.

cmd12345

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks everyone for all your valuable advice. It’s worth a million. Its good to be excited about our future.

CMD

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>Regarding spending and sleeper size, it pays to shop around.
>Our truck has a full-featured, custom-built, 132" sleeper
>with all the bells and whistles.

I contend that you do not have all the bells and whistles,as I seem to recall in one of your posts that you said that you did not have a t.v..

Now a sleeper like yours with a nice in-motion satelite system,THAT would be some serious BELLS....or WHISTLES.DD.