Removing road dirt from vinyl

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
When FedEx installed the graphics on my box they did a complete wrap in white vinyl first.
Now that I am pulling the FedEx signage off I can see just how much road dirt has accumulated on the vinyl. (The letters come off easily.)
Anyone know of a product that will take this road grime off?
I've tried Goof Off and it works but it is a long slow tedious process.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's a concentrated all-purpose cleaner at Dollar General called, believe it or not, Totally Awesome. They use it at RV shops to do exactly what you want to do. Mostly just spray it on, hose it off. A little scrubbing if necessary.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't know if it would work or not, or if it would be harmful to the vinyl but bleach comes to mind. You might try it on a small, inconspicuous space to see how it works.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing beats Awesome. That stuff is Awesome. Ask Todd. I have been using it for years. Sprinter head liner stains, spray it with Awesome wipe it off- Awesome! A cup in your wash water, Van comes out looking Awesome. Put some in your washer fluid and bugs are gone. Awesome.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing beats Awesome. That stuff is Awesome. Ask Todd. I have been using it for years. Sprinter head liner stains, spray it with Awesome wipe it off- Awesome! A cup in your wash water, Van comes out looking Awesome. Put some in your washer fluid and bugs are gone. Awesome.
Redneck Billy Mays.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's really funny is, he's not exaggerating. It's awesome.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I bought some Krud Kutter at Home Depot before I saw these posts. It works. Spay it on, wait a minute, wipe it off. Repeat and its good as new. Now my problem is its cold out tonight and the signage won't peel off easily. Hopefully it will be sunny and warm enough in Taylor tomorrow.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought some Krud Kutter at Home Depot before I saw these posts. It works. Spay it on, wait a minute, wipe it off. Repeat and its good as new. Now my problem is its cold out tonight and the signage won't peel off easily. Hopefully it will be sunny and warm enough in Taylor tomorrow.

And that's just AWESOME!

And I'm done......

Sent from my flying circus

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

The wash bay has heat. Thermostat is on the wall, just don't forget to turn it back down when you are done !!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've always used a hair dryer to heat the decals before removing.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Cleaner wax works pretty well on vinyl decals. We always used it on our sprinter with the vinyl stripe along the bottom.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2