Rejected Titles For Brokeback Mountain

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Whenever a movie comes out they have to decide what the title is going to be. It should have something to do with the story line, but doesn´t always turn out that way. Some of the title ideas are rejects. To wit:

PRANCES WITH WOLVES

JEREMIAH'S JOHNSON

BUTCH ASSIDY AND THE BUNDANCE KID

THE MAN WHO SHOT ALL OVER LIBERTY VALANCE

HOW THE WEST WAS HUNG

THE LEGEND OF THE LONG RANGER

DOC'S HOLIDAY WITH BILLY THE KID

LONESOME DOUG

DESTRY RIDES AGAIN... AND AGAIN

MCCABE AND MR. MILLER

HI, PLAINS DRIFTER!

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN INCHES

QUICKLY DOWN UNDER

BAREBACK MOUNTING

BONE-NANZA

HOME ON THE RANGER

OKLAHOMO

LITTLE BATHHOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE

BALONEY PONY RODEO

TUBESTEAK COWBOYS

SILVER-ROD-Ohhh!!!

Roger

Expert Expediter
When do two gay sheepherders become cowboys? Hollywood doesn't even know the difference.:'(

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Willie's newest hit(Gay cowboy song)hit the charts at #52,his best showing since All The Girls I've Loved Before
Apparently there are fewer homophobes(thank God)then previously thought.Yes,I live in San Fran,and love the ladies(before you shoot back).

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
Whatever to all of this... Don't get me wrong, I've nothing but respect for everyone--but this is something I have to say.

I try to be a pretty light-hearted individual and include humor into everything. And this will be no exception. But I clearly have MTV to thank for not being cool because I'm white, straight, work, divorced, have a child, and am about to turn 30. I haven't attempted suicide, I don't do drugs, don't have a welfare card, and am educated. I also speak English, a bit of French, ZERO Spanish, and don't care to learn it. I LOVE women (one in particular) and have no, I mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO, need to know what it's like to be coital with another man!!!

It's because of MTV, that it's friggin awesome to live a lifestyle that is a minority in and of itself. I am not gay-bashing, but rather rationalising. I see nothing wrong with people doing what they please, but when said lifestyle is impressed upon me for acceptance... then it's just about stepped over that big fat line that is drawn in front of me. So, if you're gay, straight, black, white, or whatever... I don't care, you're still a human... until you start doing unspeakable stuff with animals!!!

So, thank you MTV... Thanks for letting me know for years and years how un-cool I was for loving women, being pale, and having some sort of command of the English language. I have no clue of what I would've done without you!!!

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I guess I'm out of step with my fellow expediters.I just think it's time to to get over it.I find no humor in louixo's post.I think I know humor when I see it,and his post does not tickle my funny bone.(get it)!!
Later...........

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Have not watched MTV since 1985.I'm surprised to hear they are promoting a gay life style!!!
Guns and Rose's is probably the last "new"video I've seen.
Oh well,thanks for the update,I'll continue my boycot of MTV until they are all music and Beavas and Butthead all the time.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just a question for those who "poke fun" at gay people: do you also "poke fun" at people with physical deformities or handicaps?

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
Actually, no. I'm a hockey helmet tester on the side. I also lick windows.

Seriously, I don't poke fun at any disadvantaged folks. And I don't hate anyone either. I just can't stand it when someone (this case MTV or the powers that be) tell me that my lifestyle isn't the right one for me. I also dislike anyone that shows theirs off, like their way of living is the one that I should be duely involved.

So I guess that would mean "flamers" are not my friends. Also, to the same extent, the rappers that can't write anything besides guns, drugs, and slapping women.