Regulation, Free Trade and Mexican Trucks

jay shipley

Seasoned Expediter
I totally agree that the only thing this NAFTA agreement serves is to further undermine our already strained economy. We have been inundated with nothing BUT regulation from our government, in the name of "safety", when, in fact, it is nothing BUT revenue. The "fearless leaders" in this country, are actually afraid of the trucking industry because we DO have the capability of shutting down the country, in a literal sense. The press has done nothing to relieve the pressure of the industry, by airing accidents between a car and a pick-up truck, as a truck accident. Even though they may or may not elaborate later in their commentary, that it was a pick-up truck, the seed has already been planted. This last slap in the face of the American trucker is the final straw, I'm afraid. Why should I keep a legal log, be subjected to fingerprinting, drug testing, the ongoing roadside checks (because the DOT man needs another mark in his book...that he did so many today) hazmat training/testing, PLUS the never ending stream of taxation on this industry....if our Mexican "friends" don't have to do it, then we shouldn't either. My personal opinion....the Mexicans have already shown their intentions here.....the illegals marching in our streets, demanding rights they've NEVER earned here, flying flags that don't fly in MY country, thumbing their noses at our laws, sanctuary cities (what a joke!) and FORCING their culture down our throats, like the Middle Easterners.......MY tax dollars building footbaths? If I were the sole consult on these issues, I wouldn't have a work visa program, nor any immigration program until the problems in the good old USA were resolved......and someone needs to bring the oil barons down to size......the REAL source of every dip and dive in the stock market. Until they get over it, this economy will drop and drop and drop. BTW.....WHY should these foreigners be here anyway? This BIG tax break for LEAVING our country, for cheaper labor, should be their reason to make an exit. This administration, and the one before, has literally killed us......then they want to bring in some illiterates to replace us in what jobs are left here. I know I would HEAVILY tax any imports from companies who moved out of here, totally boycott China (haven't they tried to kill us off with their imports?) Build a HUGE fence all across the borders, pull out of Iraq, then do a fly by and end the crap once and for all, and throw NAFTA in the trash! Eventually the blood sucking, from other countries would stop, and America could be American again. I am sick to death of pressing 1 for English......because that is what is supposed to be spoken in my country. No FORCING teachers into being bi-lingual. That's garbage as well. If they truely wanted to be Americans, then they would want to fit into our culture....but they don't. Doesn't anyone but me see they're trying to MAKE us conform to the way they think? Are they good workers? YES, they are....nothing taken away there.....but go home, change your own country, and we'll keep ours. We have enough problems with an oversized government, we don't need insult to injury......we need governmental downsizing, accountability, and GOD back in this country....with which it was founded. God is probably wondering why He ever got involved in this. He will turn His back and run soon, and leave us in the hands of this dictatorship.......no longer a democracy. The vote is just for show......making people believe they have something to do with who is elected. While I may vote, I don't believe they count at all. My vote is scrap NAFTA (Canada too), build the fence, deport illegals when they are discovered, create harsher laws for trafficking, step on KING TUT oil company toes, and put America into the hands of the working man once again. No such thing as a good lawyer or a good politician......they all need ousted!

Reactions: 1 person

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Amen..that is the God's truth and If I had anything to do with it, I would do exactly what
you just said.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
He will turn His back and run soon, and leave us in the hands of this dictatorship.......no longer a democracy. The vote is just for show......making people believe they have something to do with who is elected. While I may vote, I don't believe they count at all.

Oh I see..... first God didn't turn his back on us, but the country has turned its back on him.

Second we don't have a dictatorship, far from it .. we have ignorant people..... who only think that solutions only come from others.

Third, your vote does matter, it does count but it is how it is used and how you be involved with politics that matters. sitting on the sidelines watching means nothing, you have no reason to complain.

You know what you say is what I deal with all the time when I talk to so-called professional truck drivers. Many say the same thing, blame this on that and so on. Well the fact is until they and others understand how the system works, how to use the system and how to change things - nothing will ever change. I get frustrated with the idea that the vote does not count or participation is futile but then I read about all these social programs that seem to come from grass roots organizations who fight for things or some activists who get all this press time with just plain BS story.

I think, ok if the truckers in this lot, just maybe even 10% pick one issue, stand on that one issue and talk to other truckers about that one issue, maybe even show them by example what they did to reach out to their representatives on all levels, things may be just a little better.

It didn't amaze me when I asked my Senator's chief of staff how many meetings he has had with groups (meaning more than 3) of truckers in the past 3 years, he said only one and that was an impromptu meeting by accident.