Refrigerator

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I'm curious if anyone has tried using a house refrigerator in a ST?
I have a 3.1 cf that is brand new. The one in my truck is worn out.
I have a larger inverter and six batteries. I think my biggest concern is will it take the bumps, jultz etc. of being in a truck on the road.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My little Black & Decker Dorm Size Frig ($70ish) usually last me about 1.5-2 yrs. with all the jostling and running.
I have 4 deep cell aux. batteries/ 2 Inverters.
Sprinter..passenger seat removed, frig secured there.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have had a b+d in the Sprinter about 2 1/2 years now and it's still going strong. Not the smallest one I didn't like how it cooled, next size up. It will freeze things.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Just remember, rv units are absorption, ammonia refers and need to be kept level to function properly when not moving. Could cause issues when parked if not level.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've had several over the years, including a pricey Norcold, which was the worst of all. [Dinky freezer!] Replacing them is as easy as finding a Home Depot, Lowe's, WalMart, etc. If you want a separate freezer, as I do, you might have to check a couple places, but they're reasonably priced, at least.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I have that exact fridge. I got it for mom while she was in a assisted living home. She passed away shortly after, so it's like new. That's the one I will be putting in my truck next home time.
Thanks everyone for your input. As usual very much help.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Oh, l would definitely shop their products for pricing, but they do have lots of stuff to compare. l shop them and then call them back with lowest price l've found.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I got the refrigerator swap done. It fit nicely in the old refrigerator spot. I did have a bit of trimming but nothing a Sawzall couldn't handle. I did have gaps on the sides but finished it with premade floor board's from Lowes.
I wanted to share in case anyone else was curious.
Also thanks to all who gave advice and shared experience.