Red Roof Inn

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I noticed that a lot of you stay at Red Roof Inns. Is there a truckers discount or a savings code that you could pass along? I have the Teana corporate discount code and the National Logistics Management discount code that's good for 20% off at RRI. Is there something better available?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
not that we no of. 20% is pretty good. we like them cause they are pet friendly without an up charge.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Using priceline, I regularly stay in top rated chains ( Marriott, Hilton, Choice, etc.) For a huge discount. My room this weekend was $55.00 with the advertised rate being $118.00 .

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Stayed at one this weekend wasn't impressed...it was cheap but using hotels.com or priceline I typically get a better room for the same price.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I noticed that a lot of you stay at Red Roof Inns. Is there a truckers discount or a savings code that you could pass along? I have the Teana corporate discount code and the National Logistics Management discount code that's good for 20% off at RRI. Is there something better available?

Join the redicard program and receive free nights. We use them alot at our company. The company pays and I get free nights cetificates. Also they all have mico/rfridges in all the rooms.
They also have AAA and aarp discounts.

https://www.redroof.com/redicard/terms_and_conditions/

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Priceline sounds really good. Does it work in smaller cities?

Yes, if the city has chain hotel properties. Basically you bid on a hotel using a star rating system ( My Marriott this weekend was 3.5 star) and a location ( Ft.Lauderdale North-). You never know your exact hotel until you win your bid. And you can only bid once during a 24 hour period. I use a web site called betterbidding.com to increase my chances on winning the bid ( users post what they paid for rooms , the name of the hotel they got, and the star level they bid on) both priceline and betterbidding.com ate free.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
We get 10% off Motel 6, but i agree, with Priceline, you can get a much better room for the same price ,or even cheaper somtimes. The code for Motel 6 is CP562717...

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great advice to use Priceline. Last night I bid $45 for a 3 star motel and got a Courtyard by Marriott. Asked at check in and was told the rate was $109 per night. I think I got a real good deal. I downloaded the Priceline app and its really easy to use. Thanks

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Great advice to use Priceline. Last night I bid $45 for a 3 star motel and got a Courtyard by Marriott. Asked at check in and was told the rate was $109 per night. I think I got a real good deal. I downloaded the Priceline app and its really easy to use. Thanks

Priceline is a great tool. I use it often. When your in the Detroit area, you can consistently get 3 star or better rooms in the Romulus (airport) area in the $45-$55 range. I've slept at both Marriots, the Sheraton, Embassy Suites and a couple more over there...all in the $50 range (+ taxes etc.) Priceline prices really help to get ya out of the truck and into a nice, non truck environment.

If I'm near a large city, I try to stick to 3 star, 2-1/2 mininum. If you stick to 3 star or better, you'll almost always be in a safe environment and pretty nice room. Some 2-1/2 star rooms will disappoint you, but I would say 90% of the time (at least) I'm happy with the 2-1/2. The 2-1/2 star rooms will be LaQuinta, Fairfield, Extended Stay, etc. I would never venture into 2 star territory unless I was just gambling with every intention of leaving my money on the table and walking away if the place was too rough.

The great thing about Priceline is that you save enough money over time that you can walk away once in a while and still be ahead. When in the straight truck, I had to do just that a couple times...one for lack of parking, the other I cant remember. Overall, it was still a bargain though.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Ive only been dissapointed one time with Priceline...that was aTravel Lodege in Fremont Ohio....by far the worst hotel ive ever been too. They claimed it was two stars, but the hotel smelled like mildew, the water didnt get hot, the remote was out of batteries, the air didnt work right.... If i get over 1500 miles, ill get a room atleast one day on the weekend... If i get 2500+ i stay two days.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thats the chance you take. I don't require a 3 star to be comfortable, but bidding 2-1/2 or better increases your chances of avoiding the really nasty places.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Agreed on bidding 2 or 2.5 stars is a safe bet. But I noticed the one stars are usually a travel lodge or something equivalent.