Really?????

psm127_dad

Seasoned Expediter
To be honest, I was more upset by the required navy colored pants. I just bought new black Dickie pants for Artwork loads last month...:)

Seriously, I was very glad to see some codified attire requirements. It is embarrassing to me to think that shippers might associate me with other FedEx drivers that see nothing wrong with going onto a loading dock in flip-flops, gym shorts or other unsafe or unprofessional attire.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WELL, there are a MILLION shades of "navy" many of which are almost impossible to distinguish from black. How stupid is that rule? Pretty stupid! There are almost as many different shades of black pants out there. Maybe it would be better for FDCC to fix the REAL problems, like those with Ameriscan, that what color pants or stupid signs. NOT a good sign when a company puts it main focus on BS and not the business. Scares the "navy or black" pants off of me it does! :eek:

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I'm just so glad I'm not doing this type of work anymore. Miss the traveling but not the BS. Not one night from my house unless I choose to. Better eating and cleaner restrooms. I understand that it is work, but just thankful for something different

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm just so glad I'm not doing this type of work anymore. Miss the traveling but not the BS. Not one night from my house unless I choose to. Better eating and cleaner restrooms. I understand that it is work, but just thankful for something different

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

Which is exactly why I continue to research new ideas. I don't see where it is worth investing in a new truck right now. With all the new restrictions etc, it just not seem wise. I would have to see MASSIVE changes in many areas before I would invest a quarter of a million dollars. I see little chance of enough return on that kind of investment to justify it as it stands now.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We just sent our new lease agreements in. No one forced us to sign either. Although I do not like or appreciate these numerous changes sent without warning or input... that is just how it is.

Either you accept the new contract or you decide to go elsewhere.

To be honest, I was more upset by the required navy colored pants. I just bought new black Dickie pants for Artwork loads last month...:)

Don't toss your Dickies just yet...they didn't say which "Navy". Since it is an international company, I am sure your Dickies will be in compliance. :cool:

Deville

Not a Member
I can't imagine why anyone would want to drive a truck wearing flip flops. I did it once because I was called out on a "hot" load & wasn't able to get home in time to change. It was terrible. Not somthing I would want to do again.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I can't imagine why anyone would want to drive a truck wearing flip flops. I did it once because I was called out on a "hot" load & wasn't able to get home in time to change. It was terrible. Not somthing I would want to do again.

You are obviously not from Florida. You don't drive with flip flops on, you drive barefoot and put them on when you get out.:)

rymilburn

Active Expediter
Innocent until Proven Guilty. There are many cops out there that take there jobs way to seriously. I have gotten a few tickets in my lifetime dismissed because the evidence was not there, or it was challenged in court. If Fed CC decides to let me go as soon as I got the ticket, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Your not proven guilty yet until you appear in front of a judge. And whatever ticket you get being a CDL driver these days, about 99% of them are challenged in court. I had a ticket for parking my truck on a residential street (non-truck route) and of course it was overweight. They fined me $900 bucks. Won't make that mistake again. Got it reduced to $300 dollars. I'm sure some can see my point of view.