real life joke

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
You just got to enjoy the small humor in everyday life.

I just unloaded at the ford plant in St. Paul MN. The security asked for my trailer # I told them "My truck # is 3297" they then told me they needed my trailer # i informed them that i was a straight truck and did not have a trailer. They said without a trailer # they could not let me in, so i told them oh yes i forgot my trailer # is double O zero, which they promtly wrote down and aloud me onto the grounds.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Common sense is not a prerequisite for those employed in the plant security vocation. I'm sure glad you remembered your straight truck trailer number or you could have been there all day.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OB2,

Do they still use that giant moron keyboard attached to the cyclone fence to contact security?

Years ago I delivered to the St. Paul plant once or twice a week. I was always extra careful snaking a tractor-trailer through the cramped facility. Watching out for forklifts and cushman carts racing around. And of course I didn't want to drive over a new ranger. One day while driving between two rows of rangers a crazy guy jumped out in front waving his arms and screaming like a madman.
Scared the s--- out of me. I almost ran over him. Split second decison, him or the rangers. Turned out his wife worked in our office and every time he saw one of our trucks he went into wildman mode.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
OB2,
I went through the same scenario a while back at a Military base.
I was not as quick thinking as you and proceeded to show and explain to the guard that this truck was one piece, and he seemed to understand, but then he explained to me that every blank on his form had to be filled in. Jointly we decided to just call the trailer # the same as the truck, but add a B to the end. Whatever works.....

I sleep better knowing he's on guard duty.....and not making excutive decisions!

Dan

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
>Do they still use that giant moron keyboard attached to the cyclone >fence to contact security?

Yes it is still there with no monitor on it now and is no longer use. You get the first hand pleasure of climing out of your truck at that point and talking to a real life like person???

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.