Ready To Go

Omaha

Active Expediter
I finally joined and feel like I already know a little about a quite a few of you after lurking in the shadows for a few month. I have been researching expediting and Hot Shot for about 7 months and am almost ready. I am a Supply Chain Logistics Mgr but started out picking up and delivering freight and loading trailers in Houston for Lynden Transport and am wanting to move back to Houston in the next several months. I am stuck between deciding on straight truck or getting a truck and 40` trailer. I know the Logistics side of the business very well but have learned a lot of practical issues from a lot of you. Any advice would be awesome and just wanted to say Hi from Omaha…..Go Big Red

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why the 40' trailer. Can you even find a 40' dry van that was made after 1974? If you are looking to getting into expediting, a tractor will give you more options, especially if the expedite thing doesn't work out for you. In expedite, most of the carriers will supply a company owned trailer. Those that don't or allow the owner to provide a trailer will probably require a 53 footer. Before you buy anything, do some more research and talk with different carriers.

Go Cougars!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think he is talking about a pick up and flat bed trailer for hot shot work.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't know this for sure, but I think you'll find a lot more hot shot work in Houston than expedite. Lots of oil/gas field supplies moving about down there. Just a pickup can even get some business.

Omaha

Active Expediter
Thanks! I am from Houston and have been looking to get back. I`ve heard good things about Load One along with a few other companies. I am trying to do my research so its good to see some positive remarks

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I finally joined and feel like I already know a little about a quite a few of you after lurking in the shadows for a few month. I have been researching expediting and Hot Shot for about 7 months and am almost ready. I am a Supply Chain Logistics Mgr but started out picking up and delivering freight and loading trailers in Houston for Lynden Transport and am wanting to move back to Houston in the next several months. I am stuck between deciding on straight truck or getting a truck and 40` trailer. I know the Logistics side of the business very well but have learned a lot of practical issues from a lot of you. Any advice would be awesome and just wanted to say Hi from Omaha…..Go Big Red

Thanks for coming out of the murky lurky shadows! We have a few thousand who like to lurk - that's okay but we don't bite. Just ask Omaha! ;)