RE: Toyota Wins

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still..Toyota is now contributing as much to the American way of life as GM and Ford and DC...Hence they've earned their stripes and should be included.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Still..Toyota is now contributing as much to the American way of life as GM and Ford and DC...Hence they've earned their stripes and should be included.
it still is NOT a toyota. just like it is NOT a dodge, ford or gm of your choice. it is nascars silhouete car with decals. if you want to see real cars then catch an american le mans series race. real corvettes, ferraris and porsches aston martins and more. and some silhouete cars for your watching pleasure.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
My favorite racing used to be the TransAm series . I took my family to Lime Rock Park a couple of times . Paul Newman is a great race driver .

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Man are you guys lax or what? Toyota wins a NASCAR race and no one prints a word? First time since 1954 a foreign make wins a race!! Am I sensing abit of resentment...especially considering Toyota will be Number One carmaker soon.

Actually Toyota ran One, Two...

Hey I use to sell Toyotas! Go Toyota! Although I dont think i like the Hino expeditors too much. At least there cd players play cd's unlike frieghtshakers.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
My favorite racing used to be the TransAm series . I took my family to Lime Rock Park a couple of times . Paul Newman is a great race driver .

yeeaaaaah the trans am had 2 periods. the start up series until 1974 and the mid 80's when newman and fity had the planters peanut turbo nissans against the jack roush merkurs and the camaros. afther that time the series declined. i don't think newman ever won a trans am but he did win his class at the 2-4 at daytona 2 or 3 times.