Rates questions

mcclainlogis

Not a Member
While we know the rates change from lane to lane I was wondering what people are seeing for expedited rates. I was looking at a range of $1.60-$1.85 for straight trucks and $1.20-$1.45 for cargo vans. Now keep in mind I have been gone for about seven months so I may be off a tad or alot - who knows.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Panther pays $.77 per mile for a cargo van, plus FSC, which runs in the 30 cent average range these days.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
While we know the rates change from lane to lane I was wondering what people are seeing for expedited rates. I was looking at a range of $1.60-$1.85 for straight trucks and $1.20-$1.45 for cargo vans. Now keep in mind I have been gone for about seven months so I may be off a tad or alot - who knows.

Are you talking contractor pay or actual carrier charges? Even though there are some "lowballers", if you are talking carrier charges, I think you might be on the cheap side. If you are including a fuel charge, then that is most definitely true.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Just remember, if your whole sales pitch starts with "I can save you some money," you're screwed, and so is the the whole industry. I never sell lower rates, but higher service. Expedite is a high service, get it when you need it industry.

What are you currently offering for truckload on the high end?

mcclainlogis

Not a Member
I will not sell on price, that is for sure. I am looking at billing out on three levels and of course pending locations of trucks, supply and demand - you know the routine.
After getting some calls from other companies, I am looking at ranges from $1.85-$2.17-$2.50 per mile plus FSC as well.
The drivers or owner/ops would get 80-85% of the line haul and all the FSC.