Rates and Rants

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a question for Mr BC, you talk about not running freight cheap (as a Canadian) but would you Expediters of the North be getting more because you do cross border runs. That is, if you were sitting in Toledo bidding in a run to Charlotte would you be able to say "I won't do it for less than a dollar"?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Any load running intrastate is illegal for a Canadian owner operator.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I'm getting a small hint that some may be upset about the rates as well, and thinking I'm trying to tell them what to do as a driver.

This is aimed more at carriers. Its my way of saying smarten up before you force everybody out and have no option but to buy equipment and hire employees.

If that made a carrier more money, they'd do it. Owner operators are a lot of trouble but we keep the expenses off the books and the profits on. I daresay we care a little more than most employees as well
Somebody always gets pissed off when someone else talks about rates. I go to the OVM school - It's your business, run it the way you want.

But, FYI - I have never asked for or refused any rate. What Murray books we run.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch