Random Thoughts

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
I haven't posted in long time so I thought I would just throw something together. Well my lawsuit is going well, Monday I get the court to force the other party to hurry up responding to requests from my lawyer and the court - If they don't respond to that, they pretty much lost all of their standing with the court. Enough with that.

Some of you might remember my asking is $2600/month payment is fine. Well I knew from that it was a bad idea so I went in search of an owner. I put it straight out what I wanted from an owner and all I got back was responses that I was nuts and shouldn't be making demands as to what I want to run in and how I want to get paid. So I gave up on going back to expediting. I've been working odd jobs but just landed a job better than I could ever hope for. Leaving the company name out of this, I'm making $750/week before taxes, full medical/dental for $20/week!, and if I put in 6% of pay for 401k they match at 7.5% of pay(so I put in 80, they do like 90) AND I'm 100% vested in the first 4.5% of that! But enough gloating.

And who should forget - the "Expediters Retreat" I've actually been working on this somewhat, looking over land, prices, etc. It seems a very viable idea as long as we keep the tigers locked up. More details on this to come. BTW I'm still looking at KY off of 75 somewhere.

Lastly, I'm going to try to get down to MATS as I'm going to be in Troy, OH for work the week before and its only a 3 hrs drive from there. Problem is I need to be making money on anything I do, thats another story, would anyone be interested in a remote start/alarms/keyless entry for their trucks/van? You can have it installed while visiting the show. Basic price for RS/Keyless is $225 installed and goes from there. A full 2 way rs/alarms/keyless is around $500. Just an idea as I always say.

Well have fun out there and don't let the dispatchers get to you, nor other drivers, or anyone.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Get ahold of some Greg who posts on here, he wants keyless entry fo his Freightshaker for some reason.