Rain X

G

I am sure most everyone knows about Rain X and probably uses it, but I treated the driver side of my windshield the other day and had to stop before doing the passenger side, thereby unintentionally setting myself up for a side by side comparison the next day when it rained. I have used Rain X for a long time, but was still shocked at the difference it made compared to the untreated side. First of all, I didn't need to run my wipers nearly as much when it was drizzling because the water just rolled right off the glass on the driver side. There was also much less condensation on the outside of the glass when it stopped raining (it was very humid that day). In short, it worked better than I realized, never having seen it compared side by side with non-treated glass. If you're not using it, one bottle costs a few bucks and is good for many applications. It's one of the cheapest safety and convenience items there is. Works good on side windows and mirrors too. It doesn't hurt to put it on your headlights as well, since you want to keep those lenses as clean as you can. The headlight idea may sound silly but it takes all of one minute to put it on while you are treating the rest of the glass, so I figure why not?

They make an anti-fogging product for the inside glass as well.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Wholeheartedly agree on the Rain-X. It also allows for easier bug removal. I've used the Fog-X once and threw the rest away. I may have applied it wrong but it smeared my inside window more than I cared. Also, difficult to apply on the long, slopped windshield.

Terry

MSinger

Expert Expediter
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with 12' cube. Dock high with jackstands. 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

The easiest way to apply it to the windshield is to use the Rain X windshield washer fluid. I had tried Rain X in the past but never really cared for it because it seemed like it worked fine until you had to use the wipers then it seemed to smear and streak too much so I quit using it.
After reading raves about the Rain X winter windshield washer in this forum I decided to give it a try. Now that I have a good coating of it, it works like it should. Never got to use it during the winter thanks to our mild Indiana winter this past year but look forward to trying it in the future.
So if you are like me and didn't care for the smearing with use of the wipers shortly after application give it some time and try it again it really will work.