Rain rain go away!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Just heard the rain report for Baltimore. 12" this month so far. 22" August 1st to today which is 3" and rising. 4" over the normal yearly total with 3 months left.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not having a drought then. Funny weather patterns. Almost looks like the "La Nina" never let up from last winter. I have read it may intensify again. Our area, S.E. Michigan, has had a "winter wind" (SW wind) most of the summer. Very odd.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Not having a drought then. Funny weather patterns. Almost looks like the "La Nina" never let up from last winter. I have read it may intensify again. Our area, S.E. Michigan, has had a "winter wind" (SW wind) most of the summer. Very odd.

Wish I could send some of this wetness to Texas and Oklahoma.

The weather patterns are definitely wacky at the moment.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wish I could send some of this wetness to Texas and Oklahoma.

The weather patterns are definitely wacky at the moment.

Yeah, that dry weather in Texas and Oklahoma is kinda typical of "La Nina". The Pacific is much cooler than normal right now. "La Nina" moderates Atlantic tropical weather as well. That may be why so many of this years storms have lost "steam" so fast. Winter may be rough around the Great Lakes this year.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The last 2 winters here were above normal and nasty. Cold and a lot of snow. If I remember right, Maryland blew the annual snow removal budget on the 1st 3 snow falls.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The last 2 winters here were above normal and nasty. Cold and a lot of snow. If I remember right, Maryland blew the annual snow removal budget on the 1st 3 snow falls.

I remember getting snowed it when I was working at NSA at Ft. Meade in 1982. We had to work 44 hours STRAIGHT. No one could get in to relieve us and we could not get out. What a mess that was. Your area gets it every once in a while.