Ragmama

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After talking to Ovm and a social worker (believe me, it helps) for over the past 6 - 8 weeks, I'm at the point where i can talk about Ragmama.

Cindy was diagnosed with stage 4 lung and spine cancer in the begining of October.

On November 27th, she entered hospice and on December 5th, she lost the battle. It was so quick, i still can't believe it.

The emptiness in my heart is indescribable.
I will move forward. She wouldn't have it any other way, but for now, i greive.

With all that said, let me say, If you and your other half have ever said, "Someday we should do this or that", don't wait. DON'T WAIT! Go do it.
You never know what tomorrow will bring. We had plans for our golden years. Some of them i can do alone in her honor, some i won't.
I won't do them without my best friend.

May God Bless her soul.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh man I hate to hear this, your in our thoughts and prayers,I’m sitting here at the cleveland clinic as Mrs Fast is having a MRI, yep she has breast cancer. #cancersucks

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh man I hate to hear this, your in our thoughts and prayers,I’m sitting here at the cleveland clinic as Mrs Fast is having a MRI, yep she has breast cancer. #cancersucks

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Thanks, my thoughts and prayers to you.

Reactions: fastman_1

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
So sorry to read about this, Ragman. Prayers for you, and also for Mrs fast.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A loss that everyone eventually has to bear and absolutely no one should ever have to endure. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, here it is, the begining of March, 3 months after losing the love of my life, I'm finally able to start the purge.

Clothing is no issue. I wouldn't be using them anyway, but OMG!, the amount of mis-matched bed linens we have! How i didn't know is beyond me. It was just the 2 of us for 25 years. Did we really need 9 fitted sheets, 11 top sheets, and 17 pillow cases. And, I'm the one that changed the bedding!

Ragmama would take the clean out of the linen closet, i would change the bedding and put the dirty linen in the hamper to be washed. Lol.

Don't even get me started on towels and wash clothes. That will be fun also.

But HEY! I can laugh about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fastman_1

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Am i being cheap, or am i just still greiving?

It was just announced that The Rolling Stones will be here this fall.

I would love to go, but at $146.50 for the least expensive seat, I'm not sure i want to go without Cindy.

I know i have to move forward, but geez!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know how I missed this, but I did. I'm really sorry to hear this.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
enjoy-the-little-things-in-life-because-one-day-youll-67336117.png

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
A neighbor gave me this when my wife died last November

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom - filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me alittle-but not to long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me -- but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
Its all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss Me- But Let me Go!

Hope this helps someone that is grieving..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After talking to Ovm and a social worker (believe me, it helps) for over the past 6 - 8 weeks, I'm at the point where i can talk about Ragmama.

Cindy was diagnosed with stage 4 lung and spine cancer in the begining of October.

On November 27th, she entered hospice and on December 5th, she lost the battle. It was so quick, i still can't believe it.

The emptiness in my heart is indescribable.
I will move forward. She wouldn't have it any other way, but for now, i greive.

With all that said, let me say, If you and your other half have ever said, "Someday we should do this or that", don't wait. DON'T WAIT! Go do it.
You never know what tomorrow will bring. We had plans for our golden years. Some of them i can do alone in her honor, some i won't.
I won't do them without my best friend.

May God Bless her soul.
Rags I just passed the 3 yr mark of JuJu passing... I can still see clearly the day we were told of her cancer and the tears together that flowed....
I talk to her every night before bed as I promised Ill never forget her... the pain is real. but move forward yes we must as she would have wanted as well.... Rags be wkk my friend.... the best friend I've never met!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rags I just passed the 3 yr mark of JuJu passing... I can still see clearly the day we were told of her cancer and the tears together that flowed....
I talk to her every night before bed as I promised Ill never forget her... the pain is real. but move forward yes we must as she would have wanted as well.... Rags be wkk my friend.... the best friend I've never met!
Thanks Ken.... I'm sure you're hurting, as am I.

I was sort of expecting the pain to lessen, but it just changed.

I'm just beginning to smile a bit when I think of Cindy. The good times far outweigh the struggles.

Stay well my friend.