"raceman" no more? what's up with that?

larrybadger

Expert Expediter
Noproblem> Whaddya mean by "The Owner once called RACEMAN" - you gonna change handles?

raceman> NoProblem, The handle change comes because it breaks my heart that a guy named Kurt one the Cup title. It is a racing thing and I am not sure I still want to be none as the Race Man. I never dreamed that would happen and I so badly wanted Dale Jr. or Mark Martin to win it that I told those in the racing circle that if Kurt won that I may no longer be able to be a Race Man.

sig line> The Owner once called RACEMAN
sig line> The >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oh well just me
sig line> The Owner who once went by RACEMAN but due to the outcome of the Nextel Cup, am now just 6.

Chin up Shawn, (raceman), next year will be upon us soon. Besides that, take a look at the most recent past, say 20 years past or so. How many times has a driver won back-to-back titles? I'll tell ya, 2 times, Gordon and the Intimidator. I doubt the situation that has brought upon this infinitesimal amount of sadness into your being, will occur again next year. Just think about this, the countdown to Daytona is starting today at 57 days...it'll be here before you know it, and the 2004 season will be a distant memory. I'll do ya one better, I know how much you like NASCAR, I feel the same way; if ya keep your chin up and keep the "raceman" handle, I'll treat and take you as my guest to either of the Michigan races this year, if I can get tickets, they usually sell out real quick-like. How's about it Shawn, errrrrr, raceman?

Now to get some semblance or relevancy to the expediting industry so I'll not get spanked by a moderator. I guess winning the Nextel Championship is alot like the expedited freight business. It's not about *winning* the race all the time with the "fastest" time, it's about having the highest percentage of top five finishes. There, that should keep the moderator(s) quiet. <smirk>

Larry Badger

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
look at it like this dale jr has improved up 5 spots each year for the last couple of seasons so if that holds true this year that puts him in the #1 spot at the end of this season.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't follow NASCAR very much am pretty much a NFL guy but it seems to disinterested me that NASCAR gives Dale Earnhart Jr every break possible. One race that I saw on TV he was in 8th place with 2 laps to go but he won going away. Is it me or do u guys think there is some truth to this??

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Every now and then I think it has become the Auot WWF. Then something happens that tends to break my though process on that. I think there is a whole lot more than racing in it these days but I still like it. I go to the small dirt tracks to see the real good racing without all the showmanship. Its all fun. Football is big in my book too but I wish they would just let it go. Let them dance, celebrate whatever heck I dont even mind them taking drugs to improve the strength. I just like Redneck slobber knocking be it racing or football. I enjoy watching others drive or play. It is just fun. But I guess they do have to pay the bills and thats where others come in and get to make it what they want it to be. Money talks.

The Owner who once went by RACEMAN but due to the outcome of the Nextel Cup, am now just 6.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You said it, 6. Don't you miss the "evil" Raiders of the 70s and 80s? Back then, the Seahawks were usually the practice dummies for the Raiders' dirty tactics. They'd slug someone, then take a dive when the other hit back. What pansies. LOL