R U in Laredo???

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
Brought a load down to Laredo yesterday. When I unloaded and got to the Flying J, there were 20+ expedite trucks here. More in the TA.

Broker told me this morning that there were 27 cargo vans in Laredo.

Just thought I'd see if anybody else was here.

Have a great day!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Brought a load down to Laredo yesterday. When I unloaded and got to the Flying J, there were 20+ expedite trucks here. More in the TA.

Broker told me this morning that there were 27 cargo vans in Laredo.

Just thought I'd see if anybody else was here.

Have a great day!!

Most know of the bridge being closed and nothing moving for the time being...taking a load to Laredo would not be a smart move right now....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be glad you got unloaded, from what I understand some places are full and not even accepting deliveries.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Be glad you got unloaded, from what I understand some places are full and not even accepting deliveries.

The place I delivered to Saturday was full at that time. They even had freight stacked outside the warehouse. I got redirected. Fortunately I'm empty, but I still sit.

Does anyone know how to track the closure?

eb

bobwg

Expert Expediter
This morning on the news they said freight is stuck on the Mexican side due to the flooding and looked like border crossings closed at Laredo, Del Rio Eagle Pass. Detour signs? I admit nothing :D

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
I work for 2 brokers. Both have said to stay here until Friday afternoon at the latest.
I heard some drivers say the bridges all opened late this afternoon.

The Counytry Market at the J was sure crowded today! lol

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We have had two of our trucks sitting there since Monday. I didn't know about the flooding Until Steve posted it yesterday on EO. Things are moving and one of our trucks got a load out.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I delivered tuesday morning,2 days early,loaded wed night for columbia mo,delivering thursday night,and reloading there to deliver in suffolk va monday morning,feels good to have couple loads with no dead head to speak of.I guess the bridges are open but freight is still moving slow.brokers are taking advantage of the many empty trucks,trying to get their freight hauled for a lesser rateTri state bidded on quite a few loads but their rate was to high,good for them.