Quotes pertaining to a very old conflict.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yeah ... here's a few more quotes, mostly from a particular perspective ... but filmed, recorded, and presented from the perspective of someone who is Jewish. From the video's YouTube description:

Max Blumenthal's latest takes us on a shocking and at times bizarre tour of right-wing Pastor John Hagee's annual Washington-Israel Summit, blowing the cover off the Christian Zionist movement in the process. Starring Joe Lieberman, Tom DeLay, Pastor John Hagee, Ambassador Dore Gold and a host of rapture-ready evangelicals praying for Armaggedon.

Many of the observations and comments to video on YouTube are golden ... in my opinion of course ... ;)

Last edited:

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Anyone who wants a Nuclear War is out of there mind ! The rapture isn't even mentioned in the Bible. Just go's to show you have extremist in all religions. I liked the "make your check payable to" part the best. What a bunch of suckers!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Anyone who wants a Nuclear War is out of there mind !
Well ... yes, I'd imagine most relatively sane folks would think so ...

The rapture isn't even mentioned in the Bible. Just go's to show you have extremist in all religions.
Yup ...

Christian Groups: Biblical Armageddon Must Be Taught Alongside Global Warming - YouTube

I liked the "make your check payable to" part the best. What a bunch of suckers!
Follow da moniez ...

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
The Rapture is mentioned many times, just not worded as such. Anyway people have the right to believe what they will and will do so anyhow.

The Bible also mentions the Prostitution of yhe church, those that are using Church for financial gain. God reserved a special place for them after judgement and it wont be enjoyable.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Rapture is an anglicised version of the latin word 'raptura', which is a translation of a greek phrase of which I forget.

It is in the bible, 2nd thesolonians. But depending on the translation you have it may or may not be rendered that way.

Reguardless of your translation though, the idea that when Jesus returns his dead followers will be raised and the living will 'be cuaght up' is clearly taught.

So I don't get your point.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I am a Christian and to be honest, I dont deserve salvation due to my human nature and in no way did I do anything to earn it. I just accepted the pardon of my sin and try to live a clean life, and fail frequently due to being a human.

This is a point that many Christians fail to remember, we have no right to judge people personally, but we do have the right to say what the Bible says is sinful behavior, there is a BIG difference. As for money, the Bible clearly says that it is to be used to help those less fortunate.

Christians are to serve others according to their tallents, this is what Jesus did while on earth and we should follow his example, this is another area where Christians often fail....Joe included.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am a Christian and to be honest, I dont deserve salvation due to my human nature and in no way did I do anything to earn it. I just accepted the pardon of my sin and try to live a clean life, and fail frequently due to being a human.

This is a point that many Christians fail to remember, we have no right to judge people personally, but we do have the right to say what the Bible says is sinful behavior, there is a BIG difference. As for money, the Bible clearly says that it is to be used to help those less fortunate.

Christians are to serve others according to their tallents, this is what Jesus did while on earth and we should follow his example, this is another area where Christians often fail....Joe included.

I like and concur with you on almost everything except judgement. We do have to judge about almost everything in life; however, we must remember that the judgement we use will be the same judgement upon us. This is why it is the #1 requirement to show Mercy. I am a strong supporter of Israel but not blind supporter in regards to comments by others intheir posts. Maranatha !

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
At times some people consider descernment to be judgement. For example If I drive on an icy road, people would say that I was using poor judgement.

I base my beliefs on judging others based on Romans 14:10 and personal experiences.

I would like to share a testimony from Dani Johnson a sales trainer. Her story is very blunt and to the point.

Her shocking opening statement, "Christian people are mean." Here is the rest of her story.

As young girl she sought refuge at the Church due to the drug use and abuse at her home and became a Christian. During her teen years the Pastors son got her pregnant and she became the church harlot and was mistreated by the congregation. She told God that she didn't want anything to do with him or his followers and got involved in the Occult. One day a time later, she was faced with a strong fear that scared the daylights out of her and returned to God. She is now a very strong Christisn and has led many to the Lord.

Moral of the story is that we as Believers must be very careful that we dont push people away frm God. The Bible has strong words for those that cause others to stumble.

When Jesus said not to complain about the speck in the others eye when you have the log in your own eye, drives the point home that we are not pefrect enough to pass judgment on others.

Growing up I met alot of selfrightous people that pushed more people away from the cross yhan they drew to it. We do see the harm that overly rightouse members of God family of believers has done to the repitation Christianity.

We are supposed to be about love, compassion, and demintrate love as Christ has.

In closing, those without sin should cast the first stone.

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Small minds will go to great lengths to discredit a great thinker. Mark Twain has few, if any, peers in the pursuit of communicating by the written word. There is much to be learned from writers such as Twain, Churchill, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison and Washington.

All of these men were imperfect human beings. Should we go down the line and disqualify all the stellar thinkers because of their human failings? If that were the case, the negative naysayers would be forever left in their natural state of ignorance.

Jeanne Kirkpatrick and Margaret Thatcher belong in the first row those who contributed greatly to modern political thought, many others come to mind, all imperfect in some way.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Small minds will go to great lengths to discredit a great thinker.
Actually, I would say that small minds will go to great lengths to overlook (and/or perhaps excuse or justify ...) the imperfections of a great thinker ... particularly if those imperfections are representative of something the small mind has decided to espouse ...

Something that seems more than a little likely, given the whole "small mind" aspect ...

All of these men were imperfect human beings. Should we go down the line and disqualify all the stellar thinkers because of their human failings?
Certainly not ... but we probably ought to avoid embracing and adopting their imperfections in the fervent, joyful bliss of willful ignorance ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
We do have to judge about almost everything in life; however, we must remember that the judgement we use will be the same judgement upon us.
Indeed ... in fact, given the nature of how we are constructed - with a conscience - it seems likely that it is we ourselves that will be doing at least some of that judging ...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't help thinking that if all of us were perfect, most of us would be redundant :p

Not Welcome in New York