Quote of the day

barney

Expert Expediter
" My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join me as we try to change it." Barack Obama

Any views on the subject?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
The folks at snopes.com have a different version of the source of that quote, and it wasn't attributed to Obama.
Three weeks ago, after New Hampshire, when Hill and McCain and the gang were all bragging about being "agents of change," a (non-U.S.) correspondent of mine e-mailed me his all-purpose stump speech for this primary season:
My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The folks at snopes.com have a different version of the source of that quote, and it wasn't attributed to Obama.

Three weeks ago, after New Hampshire, when Hill and McCain and the gang were all bragging about being "agents of change," a (non-U.S.) correspondent of mine e-mailed me his all-purpose stump speech for this primary season:
My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.​
Im sorry but unless The Politicians start working together for the good of the people vice the good of coperations then we will never truely have what it was the founding fathers set in motion many a moon ago for this country. You can say what U like but untill they truely are for the People nothing will change. Its just like the legislation that they are voting on now to take away the right to bear arms in this country and the NRA is in ept in fighting it. That is a simple example. Simply guns dont kill people, People Kill People.
The other thing is take a long hard look Yester years Farmer and Todays Cooperate Farmers. Im sure when Terryandrene where groing up as well as myself a small farm could raise a family. Today unless its a huge Ranch or Corp nope. The Trucking Industry is in the same boat Yesterday 135 bucks a barrral for oil before settling out at 134 bucks. I dont know about U but how long can the Independent hold out and run freight so cheaply. Wouldnt it be simple for the Govt to step in and release some of the reserves and bring down this outrageous prices back to a sensable level. This whole Fuel and gas and oil thing is all a farce there isnt no shortage only Greed and them Nuckel Heads on Wall Street so to speak that keep the Prices driving up. Oh ya by the way on TV ya sit there and watch and here about the Prices of oil then all a sudden the Weather forcaster come on and talk about the big hurricans that are to be this year, 11 major to hit the US. OOO we got to up the Price of Oil , Please give me a break when is this country going to wake up and make a stand and say enough is enough. Lets get real people and U know what Im talking about.
Whom ever U vote for make sure they represent U and not some Coperation thats got them in their back pocket. But then again the whole congress and senete need to be re done I think they are all a bunch of crooks mostly.

barney

Expert Expediter
Apparently I need to check my sources a little better. What can I say, I'm just a Realtor. We rate right up there with used car salesmen and lawyers. Can't trust any of us.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know who said it or if anyone said that specifically however I do know that 2 years ago we voted for "change". In the ensuing years, with the change in place, fuel prices are up over 50%, unemployment is up 10%, foreclosures are up, confidence is down, basically with the democrats in control and "change" in place we're going down the tubes. The question is how much more "change" we can stand.