Quick Books

big guy

Expert Expediter
Should be starting out the end of the month, finally! Have been advised to use Quick Books software for our business accounting. Which version is the best to get? QuickBooks Simple Start? Is that too simple? Or would QuickBooks Pro Edition 2006 have more features which would be more useful???

Comments, please.

Thanks and take care.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been using Quickbooks for over 10 years.
Started with basic, used for 7 years. I would start out with the basic it is easy to use and you can transfer information to Pro when you want to upgrade.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've looked at Quickbooks a few times but never thought it was right for trucking. There are other packages that are specifically for trucking that look better suited. You might do some more web searching and look at truck specific packages before making a final decision. Good luck to you.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Big guy, there are approved vendors who have truck specific add ons for the fleet owner and owner operator. I found a few through the Intuit website.

Why don’t you download the demos, you can use them 15 times before they quit. It gives you an idea of the complexity of the program. I would also suggest go to the library and see if they have a book on quick book program.

I used pro for a few years, made my life easier but I did not setup quick books for this work yet. The pro contractor version I think allows piece meal billing that can be customized.