Questions

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Local courier companies, probably. Interstate expedite carriers, probably not.

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Check with smaller companies. Sometimes they won't have that requirement. I started driving for an owner at 24. Of course that was years ago .

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Do courier work for sure.

But a cheap van. Make sure you get a loan for it to build up your credit. Do that until you're 21. Unless you're like real close to being 21, then I would just wait it out.

Regardless, start building your credit. It's going to help you out so much later on if you do. Get a credit card and only charge on it what you know you can pay off in full every month. If you pay it off in full each month, you never have to pay any interest.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
. Get a credit card and only charge on it what you know you can pay off in full every month. If you pay it off in full each month, you never have to pay any interest.
Not only that, but many cards come with super bonus points. I'm currently using a Disney Visa Card and earning Mickey Points for Disney World. For years I had a Sears Visa Card and cashed in points for van specific tools; trolley jack, stands, air compressor, overhead air hose reel, all tax deductible.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
. Get a credit card and only charge on it what you know you can pay off in full every month. If you pay it off in full each month, you never have to pay any interest.
Not only that, but many cards come with super bonus points. I'm currently using a Disney Visa Card and earning Mickey Points for Disney World. For years I had a Sears Visa Card and cashed in points for van specific tools; trolley jack, stands, air compressor, overhead air hose reel, all tax deductible.
Yeah now that I'm close to a year with my starter credit card I need to look into one of those with rewards points. It's the same thing where if you pay it off each month there's no interest and those reward points are basically free money?