Question for load1 drivers.....about shower credits

ground-pound

Active Expediter
Do you guys get showers from your pilot rewards card, or do you get them from your fuel card. While in orientation I was under the impression that you could shower as many times as you wanted by using fuel card?????

I may have missed understood.......any help?? :)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You get them from your rewards card. Swipe it after you swipe the fuel card.

The fuel card has nothing to do with shower credits. Afraid you did misunderstand.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you guys get showers from your pilot rewards card, or do you get them from your fuel card. While in orientation I was under the impression that you could shower as many times as you wanted by using fuel card?????

I may have missed understood.......any help?? :)
Yes you missed understood....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You need both cards, actually. If you use the Rewards Card and pay cash, you'll only get half a shower credit with each 14 gallon purchase, because the Rewards Card doesn't identify you with the Load 1 program. If you use the Fleet Card, which identifies you as being with Load 1, you get the full shower credit with 15 gallons if you swipe the Fleet Card, as well.

Now, if you stop and get fuel every time you can fit 15 gallons in the tank, you'll rack up enough showers so that you can, in effect, shower as many times as you wanted. I've had as many as 21 showers on there, and I've never had less than 5.

Last edited:

ground-pound

Active Expediter
Thank you turtle, that was helpful. One more question if I may...can you use the fuel card more than once in one setting? (Can I get 15 gallons, hang up the pump, and immediately do another transaction? ) (i ask because I'm sure most of you know that comdata "used to" limit the frequency of your transactions. )

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I suppose you could but I see no reason to. You never use all the showers as it is. Pilot/j gives us a great deal to take advantage of that in such a way is a little questionable IMHO.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Turbo7171

Rookie Expediter
They take shower credits after 5 days and start cycle over. If you sit to long then your out credits. Just need to keep moving or your buying showers. They add up fast.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can take two weeks off and my last three showers never go away. Even after three weeks off at the new year I still had those three showers

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I can take two weeks off and my last three showers never go away. Even after three weeks off at the new year I still had those three showers

I wouldn't advertise that. I'm betting someone will get wind of this glitch and it will be mysteriously remedied.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think its a glitch murry. If I actually use them for showers they go away. I think after you reach a certain level in purchases they stay longer.

Honestly they could offer ecryone easier shower credits. You never use half of them so there isn't really any cost involved to pilot.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Exactly. I've gotten fuel, driven 300 miles, and then put in 15 more gallons. You could do those same two transactions at the same time, one right after the other, but what's the point? So you get the extra shower credit 5 or 6 hours sooner. For most people (non Load 1 peoples), a 50 gallon purchase gets you one shower credit that's good for 5 days. a purchase of 14-49 gallons gets a ½ shower credit also good for 5 days. But with Load 1, all it takes is 15 gallons to get a full shower credit, also good for 5 days. Without even trying, you'll be able to rack up showers at a rate far greater than you'll be able to use them. I've never run out of showers at Load 1. Like I said, I've never had less than 5 on my card.

It's harder to do in a van or Sprinter, but any month in which you buy 500 gallons, all showers earned in the following month are good for 7 days instead of 5 days. At Load 1, in order to use all the showers you can rack up, you will have to be trading sleep time for showers.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Very cool. Nice perk.

I usually do the "look for a PFJ" in the 250-300 mile range. I prefer to have more showers than needed to either share or for the PFJs where the potties are nasty. If need be, I'll burn a credit for a private potty trip.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't think its a glitch murry. If I actually use them for showers they go away. I think after you reach a certain level in purchases they stay longer.
Like I said, I've never had less than 5 on my card. That includes coming out after 4 and 5 weeks of being at home. Well, I shouldn't say "never." I have, but not since, oh, about 2½ years ago. I don't know if it's a glitch, or just another perk.

ground-pound

Active Expediter
10.........................4 :)

Again, thanks guys! Appreciate the information! I may have been inquiring about more showers than what I need, but I got super exited coming out of orientation because it was presented to the class as unlimited showers (dont even have to fuel.).......that is a pleasent thought, especially if you want to sweat it up and work out.

Anyway, with your help I now understand how the system works, and looks like showers will be no problem. :)

Turbo7171

Rookie Expediter
I've ran out of showers a few times already. Been slow last few weeks. Hoping to get some miles soon. Only ran 234 miles last. 6 days. Not a good month to say the least.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Welcome aboard guys. It for sure has been a slower last 5 weeks. :( Not sure why but the whole industry seems to have slowed up a bit.

Will make sure they get that better clarified in orientation. Feel free to post up in the Load One forum as well. You may have to message a mod to get added to it.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
On a promissory note to pay you back, Can the rest of us get some of those Load 1 shower perks..lol
Not building any credits the last 2 months. All cash and I would rather give it to you then the truck stop..:cool: