Question Chevy express 2005

Nadal

Seasoned Expediter
I have a Chevy express cargo van made in 2005.I can not find the fuel filter under the car. Somebody told me that you can't change the filter in this type of vehicle.Can somebody help me? And also I check the sparks (200 000 miles) they look good,should I replaice them?In the owner manual say yes but like I said they looks:confused: good...Thanks

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
The fuel filter is in the gas tank, have to drop the tank to get to it, although there are some other ideas guys have done

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
IMO I wouldnd change the plugs untill I seen a drop in my fuel mileage, I check each tank and if I see a consistant drop of my average MPG thats one of the things Ill look at first, if they look in good shape and your fuel mileage hasnt dropped, Why change them??? All they do is set the fuel on fire....
________
How to roll a joint

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 1998 Chev had the fuel filter right where it is supposed to be, in the fuel line along the frame rail. Easy to replace except for the dribble of gasoline down my arm. The cost of a filter was about $10 and I would replace it twice a year.

My Chev 04 has the fuel filter as part of the fuel pump assembly inside the tank. 334,000 miles and no pump problems.

I replace my plugs every 100,000 miles. Probably could go longer but the ignition wires are ready to be replaced by then. I use silicone ignition wires from Napa. Not cheap, but they are guaranteed for life even though they will only last about 100,000 miles. Never had a problem getting them replaced for free. Make sure you keep your receipt and your old wires. I think the heat build up in the small cramped engine compartment leads to an early demise.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
03 Savanna with a 5.3 fuel filter is on the frame rail and 368,+ miles on the orinigal plugs and still getting 21mpg. Till it breaks ain't nobody fixin it

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep 2500 long wheelbase, Best Van I've ever owned, I've only replaced the the brakes once and a Waterpump and a starter so far and fixed a small oil leak after it had sat for a few months after I retired from driving, GM Was on the ball the day they built this one.