Canada QEW Fifth Wheel TruckStop

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
On a recent trip via the QEW, I made a quick pitstop at the Fifth Wheel Truck Stop in Grimsby. I have to say I'm very disapointed in the fact that they haven't updated a single thing at this location since 1992 at best. Dirty, dusty and neglected - except the cash register, this item seemed modern and clean. :mad:

Really "Filth Wheel"???? Boo on you!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
On a recent trip via the QEW, I made a quick pitstop at the Fifth Wheel Truck Stop in Grimsby. I have to say I'm very disapointed in the fact that they haven't updated a single thing at this location since 1992 at best. Dirty, dusty and neglected - except the cash register, this item seemed modern and clean. :mad:

Really "Filth Wheel"???? Boo on you!

Grass don't grow on a race track.....the rest, who cares?? Sad....

Scottrucks

Seasoned Expediter
But you should see how busy it is all the time...I work just across the QEW from the Grimsby 5th Wheel location...when I head out after work, you would be lucky to park anything bigger then a car around the place...:eek::eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But you should see how busy it is all the time...I work just across the QEW from the Grimsby 5th Wheel location...when I head out after work, you would be lucky to park anything bigger then a car around the place...:eek::eek:

Small world.....2 of my kids were born in Grimsby...I worked off Millen Rd and lived in the "Creek"

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A truck stop on lakefront property? I always found that a bit strange. Seems like they could sell to developers and make some coin.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I sometimes stop at the 5th Wheel in Milford. Last time, I got a Philly, onion rings, and pop. Cost me over $17 American! Never again!

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

All truck stops in Canada are busy all the time.......since there are so few of them!!!:(

Even less now with those redesigned enroute travel centres on the 400 series highways that can only accomodate a few big rigs!:mad:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
All truck stops in Canada are busy all the time.......since there are so few of them!!!:(

Even less now with those redesigned enroute travel centres on the 400 series highways that can only accomodate a few big rigs!:mad:

you can't make money parked...LOL....:p

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, don't laugh!
They only reason any of us have a job still is because they haven't found a way to replace us with robots that can work 24/7.

Did you ever see the movie Total Recall?
Remember the robot taxi driver "Johnny Cab"?
One of these days we will all be obsolete!:eek: